Gliders

I really would love to see this feature in IF !

Towed … 🛩

2 Likes

Personally I think they should (the tow plane) either vanish or automatedly rerurn back to any uncontrolled airfield

How cool would it be if you could sent a assist form so someone from IF could click on you and toe you to where you would like to go

2 Likes

Next time please give the source of those images as some of them may not be there

This was before that was required.

3 Likes

If you want to glide go to 15,000 feet in a GA and then cut the throttle.

2 Likes

YES YES YES
We need more GA and this is a good type of GA to put in IF

This was created in 2015

Nope, as they are heavy and not designed for this they donf glide well

That would be awesome, but that would probably require a tow plane mechanic. If that can be implemented, I’m all for it!

2 Likes

Or you could partner up w/ another person and they give you a tow. I wouldn’t be surprised if there was a va where you could sign up for lifts at certain times, or make it like pushback where there aren’t any tow carts you could just line up and take off and once you reach like 3000 feet you loose the ability to control engines.

1 Like

I have a friend who already made a group for gliders. its pretty interesting

1 Like

In Infinite Flight? I couldn’t understand that as gliders really haven’t even been a topic of discussion for implementing recently

1 Like

It would be cool, but as @Cessna_Driver said, we would need a tow plane! It is an amazing idea, though! :)

1 Like

well if you put your mind to it anything is possible. as of right now of course there isn’t a glider in the game. But he uses a cirrus as the glider and the super decathlon as the tow plane. hes young but i support his ideas

1 Like

We would also need thermals, but I’m definitely game for adding gliders. Excellent suggestion.

2 Likes

Yeah, I could see that the Cirrus is a glider like plane

1 Like

Great ideas! I think biggest challenge would be modeling turbulence effects from prop wash, tow rope and tow release. I believe it’s easier said than done but doable :)

1 Like

yea its very neat if you try it out