Glider Solo

Hey guys! I just wanted to share with you some stuff about my glider solo. So my 14th birthday was January 25th 2020 and I got to solo on my 14th birthday! I flew a Blantik L-23 glider it has a 55 foot wingspan and stalls around 29kts with only one person flying. The image I have attached is just after I disconnected the tow rope on my second solo flight. I fly out at KZPH with Tampa Bay Soaring Society. Currently I am flying a SGS 1-26 and I’ll attach a picture(it’s a blue glider). While I’m gliding around or thermaling the wind passing around the canopy makes it sound like I’m flying a fighter jet. If you have any questions feel free to put them in the comments and I’ll reply to be best of my knowledge lol. Do you fly irl? If so what do you fly?

28 Likes

Dude awesome! I’m also in gliding, but unfortunately my solo will be pushed back bcs of all the craziness…
I’ve been gliding 3 times, it’s been awesome!

1 Like

Awesome!! I’ve been gliding for about 2 years now and I absolutely love it! Kinda scary to think that I have to land when on approach cuz I can’t go around. It is what it iss😂

1 Like

Haha. Also I found some pics from the summer, I flew a sgs-233a.

Great to hear, congrats! Hope you enjoyed your flight and best wishes from me in your future glider piloting!

1 Like

Wow! Younger than me and already flying solo! Incredible mate!

1 Like

Great pics and congratulations! I hope to start flying soon as well but this virus is messing everything up. 😬

1 Like

Awesome! Gotta love it

1 Like

Thanks! What are u planning on flying?

You must be a professional glider pilot!

1 Like

Dude that’s sick! I’d love to go on one of those one day! ;)

1 Like

Congratulations, Captain!

1 Like

I used to glide about two years ago but the club had an average age of 86 (and that was with my 12 year old self), I just remember never getting to fly 😖 and was forced to go bring back gliders from the runway… yes they wanted a 12 year old to drive a manual drive car with a glider attached to it. I went there for no more than a year and got something like 12 flights…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.