Gibraltar Landing

Today I flew a flight, from Manchester EGCC to Gibraltar LXGB, by Monarch DC-10 in expert serve, morning landing on runway 09. It was a difficult landing, the runway was short and you can’t make any mistake.It also had the wind gust more than 20kts. But I finally made it.
The screenshot showed the Churchill Avenue cross the runway. And I think I should appreciate it that the IF made this detail. It’s special.

47 Likes

Awesome picture! I’ll have to fly to Gibraltar sometime to go across that road.

3 Likes

Nice picture, I agree with @anon38496261 I must fly into and out of Gibraltar more often

3 Likes

That is one great picture 🥰

1 Like

Great photo! I’ve been across the road irl twice, it is a real special place!

(My personal photo)

6 Likes

It’s a great airport! There are some great videos of airplanes crossing the road on youtube. However, you mentioned the runway being short, and it’s for that very reason they only have 320’s operating the airport. Because it takes so long to close the road, clean with street sweepers, land the plane, backtaxi, by then roughly 15-20 min have already passed. That’s why they only have easyjet and BA flights to London, and they land and depart about an hour apart.

2 Likes

Awesome pics! I should fly to Gibraltar some time since it’s such a cool airport

1 Like

Somebody got a car, or a plane? I have to go there.

1 Like

Thanks for the infos! I searched the FR24 and discovered that only three flights per day only by easyjet and BA. But I always want to try something difficult 😆

1 Like

Nice pic! I must go there if a get chances

1 Like

Amazing pictures! Gibraltar is a very unique place.

1 Like

As far as I know one of the approaches is spectacular. I’m pretty sure it’s a visual approach around the rock of Gibraltar!

1 Like

Hey it’s definitely fun! Kinda wish more airports crossed a major road like that! Definitely super cool!

1 Like

Nice picture! Lol how did u land a dc10 at Gibraltar? The largest aircraft there is the a319

1 Like

Thanks to the wind, my speed wasn’t very quick so I didn’t rush into the sea lol