Ghosting Change - How does it impact me?

Unless they’re sending you into a mountain when given a heading assignment, that would be one of the only few times that I would consider responding with unable. The controllers have passed the required practicals to operate a radar frequency. If you’re using unable you’re doing it wrong. You may not know what the plan is, but the controller knows what the plan is. After all, you requested a service from them, so you wanted the vectors to airport you are intending to land at.

7 Likes

What happens If a Mod Ghosts you in TS1?

Thanks. What happens if someone goshts without any reason or ATC’ are not doing a good job? Can they be ghosted?

I’m not sure if you would get ghosted on that server unless you were doing something completely stupid. Either way they won’t ghost unless it was for a very good reason.

We don’t ghost on TS1 unless extreme trolling or a very inappropriate callsign is reported, or someone is disturbing an ATC Training Session/Practical Test.

3 Likes

No.
If you’re ghosted and you think it was unjust, you report it to an ATC Moderator.

5 Likes

But it was on the Expert server

A post was split to a new topic: Ghosting

This Is A Good Call, From the Server Side

Thanks for the update Tyler! I hope this will encourage people to follow the rules & code of conduct to the best of their ability.

1 Like

@Tyler_Shelton… Been off the air for a few days. I note that Violations like an overspeed on TS-1 have increased from 3 days to 7. May have read your 7 day downer Post as applying to Expert Server Ghosts only. Did I miss something.

(Before I went dark on TS-1 had an overspeed in a 130, lost it in strong Irma winds in the Carib. Buffeting cause the AP to go tetes up., lost it. Just saw the 7 day violation today when I got back on the air. Thought 7 day applied to Ghosts and not all violations?)

2 Likes

Cool, I’ve gotten hit twice in a week because I haven’t paid attention. What the expert should be.

1 Like

I had the same issue in the Irma winds in the Carib… I got 4 speed violations in quick succession. The speed was fluctuating 30kts + & -, simply nothing I could do the slow the aircraft down in the warning time frame… Boom. 7 days. I thought it little unfair, as ghosting is mostly for intentional or carless acts, violations are I would like to believe for the most part mistakes, so therefore I thought same penalty as a ghosting a little unfair… but then again choosing to fly in hurricane winds…;-)

1 Like

@Knellered… Noted. Suggest you add Mr. Shelton to your comment address group.

@Maxmustang aye aye! will do!

1 Like

@Tyler_Shelton just for thought…[quote=“Knellered, post:109, topic:142179, full:true”]

I had the same issue in the Irma winds in the Carib… I got 4 speed violations in quick succession. The speed was fluctuating 30kts + & -, simply nothing I could do the slow the aircraft down in the warning time frame… Boom. 7 days. I thought it little unfair, as ghosting is mostly for intentional or carless acts, violations are I would like to believe for the most part mistakes, so therefore I thought same penalty as a ghosting a little unfair… but then again choosing to fly in hurricane winds…;-)
[/quote]

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. I’ll have a look and discuss within the team, but ultimately we do want to reserve the Expert Server environment for those who can follow all ATC procedures and remain violation-free. Unfortunately you did rack up some violations rather quickly, but like with all storms, flying into one will be at your own risk and we do recommend utilizing our Casual Server if you’ll go outside of those parameters. Thanks!

1 Like

@Tyler_Shelton thanks Tyler… No biggie, I took responsibility for the hurricane part. But same number of days for violations vs. ghosting, maybe worth discussing. Casual server in future is noted!

@Tyler_Shelton… Ref: response to @Knellered and my inquiry at hour 23 the “Ghosting Change” Topic and yr overarching response to Knellered.
Am sure that Knellered and I recognized the danger of flying in Hurricane conditions and the probability of an incident and violation on TS-1. Appears you overlooked our root over-lapping issue; the change from 3 to 7 day for a violation which was not covered in the Ghost Change Topic or announced separately. What’s the bottom line. Do we have an administrative mis-Q-programing glitch and the 7 day violation change implemented in error. Will that 7 day downer for a violation be reduced back to 3 days administratively. Or will the Topic be corrected-revised to include the fact that violations will mirror the 7 day Ghosting penalty?
I support fully the 7 day Ghost punishment. I oppose that same penalty for a minor pilot error like an overspeed or Hi-G maneuver which the program recognizes as aerobatics. What say you, did I misread the guidance. My interpretation singled out the Expert Server & Ghosting with no effect on TS-1 or violations in general on all servers.

5 Likes

@Maxmustang @Tyler_Shelton It’s kind of the equivalent to getting a parking ticket vs. going 100mph in a 35mph zone and both receiving a $60 fine.