Ghosted without any warning

Hello, I was on a flight from Hong Kong to Taiwan and before taking off I had made a flight plan. When I was cleared for takeoff, I was told by the atc that I should fly runway heading at or above 3000 feet. Soon after takeoff, I wanted to switch my autopilot on and by mistake I switched my GPS which caused the aircraft to turn before 3000 feet. All of a sudden the ATC Controller ghosted me without giving me any warning. To the best of my knowledge and from what I’ve read on other posts, a controller always gives you a warning before ghosting you. For such a small mistake I’ve been degraded to grade 2 for a week. This seems to be really flawed and unfair. Please help!

N404VT

Controller doesn’t always give you a warning and I’m speaking from own experience.
Best thing to do is to pm the controller.

2 Likes

Please PM @appeals

5 Likes

Please check out this:

2 Likes

Yes, as said above, PM the controller. IFATC are not required to give a warning. That simple mistake could have been easily avoided, and also corrected. It could have caused a conflict between you and another aircraft.
Also, not sure but for future reference, I think this should be in #live as it is not a technical issue with the app.

Thank you! And good luck with your appeal!

Edit: oh yes, do what has been said aboce with the linked thread.

4 Likes

Not your lucky day. Welcome to expert.

6 Likes

Depending on your offense, ATC may or may not ghost you without warning. If you start taking off from a taxiway or enter the flight path of another aircraft, ATC reserves the right to ghost you without warning. If you accidentally repeat a message, you more often than not get a warning. These are just a couple examples.

Just a short explanation adding on to what was said above. 7 days may sound long but you’ll be back on the server before you know it with more knowledge than before.

2 Likes

Everyone, I’m going to ask you all to stop talking about what happened. Just let the OP PM @appeals.

Thanks guys.

7 Likes