Ghosted When Tower Frequency Not Available

So I was approaching BTV and I was told to contact Burlington Tower, I went around 2 miles out and after about 10 minutes of trying, no tower frequency was available

I didn’t know if this was a glitch for the server, so I communicated on Burlington Unicom. As soon as I landed I was ghosted by @CessnaSkylane for entering a runway without permission, which I 100% understand, because he didn’t know that I couldn’t contact tower. Ground showed up, but it never said anything about tower being controlled

PM @CessnaSkylane a he will give you explanation on why you got ghosted!

1 Like

This happened to me yesterday. I could not tune into a tower frequency. I talked to a controller and they said to change your callsign to NORDO (This means no radio) if this ever happens again.

1 Like

If this is true, I would like to think the ghost will get reversed 👍🏻

1 Like

What @anon9524891 said 👏

2 Likes

I knew I had to change my callsign to something, but I totally blanked on remembering NORDO because I had to hand fly the plane between the mountains while trying to figure out how I could contact him and got a little stressed that I would be ghosted (which I did anyway lol)

1 Like

I hope so too!!!

Hello this seems to be a known issue. Hopefully, it will be reversed however, please use NORDO

1 Like

Don’t worry, I didn’t know it either. I just quit my flight and contacted the controller afterward.

1 Like

I didn’t want to leave because It was after a 2 hour and 15 minute flight from Atlanta

1 Like

Don’t worry, I get it. The ghost will probably be reversed.

1 Like

I hope he checks the IFC quickly because I was planning on flying Philly down to Miami and now I have to wait or do it on training server 😂

Update: I guess he did, and this can be closed :)

1 Like

I will contact you when I am done controlling @NoahM and we can discuss it.

1 Like

Handled as we can see above :)