Getting bored ?! Need something update more interest

This. When you think that you’ve learned everything and tried everything… think again! It’s a never ending learning and discovery process.

1 Like

I have to second @DiamondGaming4 big time here. Realism makes IF 200% better, and truly makes the experience significantly better.

And I thought that I was the only one who watched my flight over on LiveFlight after, lol ;)

I’ve seen this mentioned a lot, but SIDS and STARS made my experience so much better with the sim. They’re very easy to learn, and easy to find on the web :)

3 Likes

Well, monotony belongs to the job as a pilot. Many good things have been mentioned. Some additions to flight planning:
You might want to try out simbrief.com
You have to register, but it provides realistic flight plans, actual weather data etc.
If you want to test your limits: Go on skyvector.com, enter your departure and arrival airport and try to create your own route on the real airways. Once you have got it done you can also paste it into simbrief, or edit the simbrief route on skyvector. If you’re planning to fly over the northern atlantic you might want to file the actual North Atlantic Tracks.
I could go on and on since there are no limits, and it’s not only interesting to do, it’s also a great opportunity to learn a lot about aeronautical data, charting etc. Happy (and hopefully more interesting) flying!

1 Like

IF is not just about takeoff and landing, in the same way that driving a car is not just about steering and braking, or swimming is not just about getting wet and Air Traffic Controlling is not just about ‘cleared for takeoff’.

With the tips above you’ll be un-bored for at least another year. Enjoy! 😊

2 Likes

I feel you man first thing on my list is taxi lights you know but man imagine contrails and clouds mhmmmmmm

2 Likes

I just got bored to be honest but…what can you do

1 Like

Of course i know , i always using real flight plan from simbreif , but what? Just pish the NAV and waiting …
I always join in IFEVENT
I knwo SIDS STARS etc
ATC? Clear to land , clear for take off . Even its more realistic if the controls can” taxi to bravo charlie bla bla bla”

Anyway its my suggestion, i just said what im feel now

I totally agree with you I haven’t subscribed to infinite flight for about 2 months now just because it’s not as exciting for me right now and it feels like you’re doing the same thing all the time. Specially because everything looks almost the same wherever you fly (the airports etc). If it wasn’t for the multiplayer in the sim I would never play the game.

And also, I’m checking for updates all the time but I don’t feel like the latest updates are worth subscribing for. I have to wait until I get my lust back or for another major update to bring me the excitement back

Try challenging or high altitude airports like aspen, lukla, paro, st barthlaemy, Saba, etc…

1 Like

I agree with you but if you think about it that’s what real pilots do take off >>>autopilot >>>>and land that’s what they basically do.For me during flights I do other things so I don’t get bored .

Bold words coming from you Tommyboy. Start with landing the plane properly then work your way up more

If you are truly that bored, join the GAF. Fighters are where its at.

2 Likes

You can also teach Rocco how to land properly! Wink wink

1 Like

This may be just me but if you’re asleep how are you going to avoid the “ The Avid Thunderstorm” I just see a whole new line of complaining involving the topic the weather made me crash. Just my opinion. It’s a sim you fly from point A to point B you could throw a C in there as curve make it interesting. Not being sarcastic just stating the facts. You have to get creative and think it outside the box.

V/R

Andrew

1 Like

Join a virtual Airline 1 month in I was getting bored because I had flown all my bucket list routes then Joined Southwest Virtual and have had a reason to fly atleast 5 times a week if not more. VA’s are a great thing or you can go to Flight radar find a flight and just race it around a country or continent and see if you out run it or not.

I feel you, man. Sometimes taking a break for a few weeks helps. I know that’s what I did a while ago, and it seemed to work for me.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.