Geneva's 05 - spotting session at Cointrin

Hi I’m Quenan and here is my first spotting topic.

September 1st
Exceptionally this day, I spotted with a “real” telephoto lens. I often go to the airport with my 18-55mm but after a time, it gets boring.

Here’s a little example of what it (the 18-55) can do:

I had the chance to use the 18-105mm of my uncle for the day

Here are a few ones I took that day :

They all were taken at differents angles, and I realized how near from the plane we can be with such a zoom.

I can’t wait to get my hands on a 70-300mm one of these days…

Aslo, these are the last shots I have taken near the runway 05 of Geneva (the runway is now called 04/22).

Thank you for passing by, have a good day 👍

24 Likes

Wow! Those are some really great pictures!
What camera do you use? I notice you mentioned the lenses but not the camera. I’d be interested to know!

1 Like

Nice collection of shots you got here! I like the CRJ shot, pretty creative. I would love to see more of these!

1 Like

The airport must get a lot of the c-series. AirBaltic and Swiss are both large operators.

1 Like

Woah, those are nice! The Swiss A220 and the CRJ were my favorite pictures. Looks amazing!

2 Likes

I recently upgraded from a 18-55 to a 70-300 and I love it. You should do it if you get the chance.

2 Likes

Just a single error “Geneva’s 04” 🙂

1 Like

I love these pictures. I personally think Geneva has one of, if not the best approaches in infinite flight on runway 05. I fly there all the time from JFK or other airports based in the US.

1 Like

That’s not an error. The airport recently changed the runway labels :)

1 Like

I know, just made a small joke

1 Like

Yea, I didn’t realize that so I looked it up. I think that’s pretty cool. The website also shows a video of them painting the runways with the 04 and 22 as well as multiple taxi “signs”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.aviation24.be/airports/geneva/runway-renamed-shift-magnetic-north/amp/

Thanks

I use a Nikon D3400 ;)

1 Like

Thanks for letting me know! :)

1 Like

I have a lot like this one, I’ll post them the next time

1 Like

Yes we are very lucky at geneva

I can tell you that a cseries are very quiets, it’s very impressive

1 Like

Some nicely framed shots! Love the crispness of the Air Baltic, fab colours

Look forward to seeing more 👍

1 Like

That last shot is incredible ! Well done plucked bird!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.