Is it so hard to follow traffic flow within an airspace?
Do you really need to land to the point of jeopardising the experience of other pilots?
Is it so hard to obey the pre-determined traffic flow by a disconnected Approach controller?
Do we really need more ‘babysitters’ in the servers?
Okay, here we go. Upon seeing that Geneva was open today, I decided to fly PEK-GVA. All was going well, Approach ATC vectored us well. The trouble started when the ATC personnel disconnected.
Traffic went haywire. On right downwind 04, there was an Aeroflot that dived from 14000 to 11000 in a twinkle of an eye, while an El Al 737 cut me off and overtook me. Upon seeing the chaos that was at 10 DME from RWY 04’s threshold, a natural instinct was to extend downwind to stay away from the commotion, imagine 3 aircraft fighting for a landing slot, a scene similar to a Red Arrows formation flight, but now involving 3 A321s.
Okay, I’m now clear of traffic, with the commotion 6 miles ahead, I decide to align to the localizer, then from nowhere, a BA A320 dives from 8500ft to capture the glide slope. As a peace loving person, I reduced speed to minimum approach speed of 145kts as another commotion ensued in front of my eyes.
Gladly, @Thunderbolt took charge of the airspace and deflected the erratic ‘pilots’ away. I’ve never been as satisfied as I was in that moment in the sim. Clearance to land was given and that was it.
- Don’t interfere with traffic flow in the hopes of an early landing, you’ll just be sent around.
- Ignore the erratic pilots, stay on track and continue with your approach.
- Just follow the predetermined traffic flow to avoid such problems.
- Expansion on the number of pilots able to ghost other pilots. Factors to determine may include membership in the IFC and a good flight history(similar to IFATC requirements, maybe with a written exam for such individuals). I think there’s a request in #features for this already
- Obey traffic flow. This is the ultimate sign of airmanship.
Those questions above are really fundamental, answer them if you can ;)
Let’s work for a healthier Expert Server.