General Aviation Takeover (BRU/EBBR)

Hello everyone and welcome back, I hope you’re all having an amazing day!

If you haven’t seen my last topic End of Summer Spotting, check it out.

A few days ago, on the 7th of November, I went spotting again after a good amount of time since my last session which was on the 22nd of August.

This spotting session was kind of to de-stress myself since school is starting again soon and I had quite a bit of homework (still do) and of course COVID-19 is very prominent in Belgium, we’re one of the worst countries in Europe COVID wise so.

The difference since the last time is that runway 07L/25R, the northern most runway and the longest, was now open again after being repaved, that meant a lot of the traffic I saw landed on that runway.

Just like last time, these pictures are edited and I think they came out pretty well.

Basic information:

• Landing runway: 25L and 25R
  • Departing runway: 25R
  • Camera: Fujifilm X-T2
  • Lens: Fujifilm XF 100-400mm

Now onto the most important part, the pictures!

To start off with, one of the first arrivals was this Brussels Airlines Airbus A319 (OO-SSV) that came in from Rome–Fiumicino International Airport “Leonardo da Vinci” (FCO/LIRF).

About half an hour later, we got a nice surprise in the form of this Belgian built Stampe & Vertongen SV.4C (OO-GWA) painted in the classic Belgian Air Force livery, although it never actually flew for the air force it still look very nice. This is also and aircraft from one of the only Belgian aircraft manufacturers to exist. This was my very first moon-shot as well even if you can’t see it very well.

After that most of the interesting aircraft landed on the farthest runway so I couldn’t exactly get amazing shots but I was happy to see this Belgian Air Force Dassault Falcon 7X (OO-FAE) coming in from Napoleon Bonaparte Airport (AJA/LFKJ).

Right after that I got to see the second of 3 jumbo’s that day, this Aerotranscargo Boeing 747-400BCF (ER-BAJ) in the former Centurion Air Cargo livery, coming in from Nursultan Nazarbayev International Airport (NQZ/UACC).

Not too long after I got to see something I haven’t seen in a long time, this ANA Boeing 787-9 (JA839A) operating a cargo flight from Narita International Airport (NRT/RJAA). ANA used to fly a passenger service here but cut the route after COVID hit, now they’re flying the route again only for cargo this time.

After about 2 hours of normal traffic, a private pilot decided to treat us spotters to a low pass over the runway, this Reims-Cessna F150 (OO-HBI) was certainly a nice change from the commercial aircraft.

After about half an hour I got a request from someone to take pictures of his friend that was part of a flying club, I happily obliged and got some nice shots out of, this being one of them. This is a Sabena Aeroclub Diamond DA-20 (OO-SAA) keeping the class S-logo in the sky, props to them for keeping the legacy alive.

Right after he finished his low pass, this Turkish Airlines A321neo (TC-LSB) came in from Istanbul Airport (IST/LTFM).

When the sun started to set more, another private pilot treated us to a low pass, this private Diamond DA-20 (OO-JOZ) down the runway, this is probably one of my favourite shots.

And last but certainly not least, this Asiana Cargo Boeing 747-400F (HL7436) coming in from John F. Kennedy International Airport (JFK/KJFK).

And that’s it! Even though I wasn’t able to see most things up close, I was very happy with the turnout, certainly a lot of general aviation action was going on that day.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed the pictures! I’m sorry that some of the shots were from so far but there’s no dedicated spotting area for the furthest most runway so this’ll have to do. Please let me know what you think of them and what I could maybe improve!

Have an amazing day everyone!

33 Likes

Great shots there! Good job!

2 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes

Wow these are amazing!!!

3 Likes

Thank you mate!

3 Likes

loved the C150 and the DA40 shots!

3 Likes

Thank you very much mate!

2 Likes

@Baba Your airport ! Very beautiful shots

3 Likes

Beautiful shoot guys !

A very beautiful aircraft and airport !

BRU-EBBR

2 Likes

Thank you!

2 Likes

Nice shots!

1 Like

These shots are amazing! The Turkish Airlines shot is epic as well!

1 Like

Of all my years in and out of Belgium, the only non-commercial aircraft I saw at Zaventem were the C-130s parked close to 25R. Anyway, nice to see the GA traffic. Quite a reflection of today’s world.

1 Like

Nice shots! I’ve only gone spotting there once with my family, I really liked it. Have you already gone spotting in other Belgian airports?

1 Like

@Flightistic Thank you!

@HappyDays Thank you! That Turkish A321neo is one of my favourites as well :) .

@Kiz I’ve seen them from far away as well, I’m still hoping to see one land or even better, see the new A400M land.

@TheKnP_KK Thank you! The only other Belgian airport I’ve been to was for a fly-in/airshow at Oostmalle Airfield (OBL/EBZR). Airports like Ostend-Bruges, Liége and Antwerp are still unvisited for me.

3 Likes