General Aviation on Expert Server?

I don’t think I’ve seen any of these types of plane flown on ES. Is this allowed?

I was going to do a flight from one of the ATC controlled airports in a small Cessna or the Cirrus but just wanted to check I’m not going to be ghosted before I do.

Thanks

To my knowledge, yes, GA aircrafts are allowed :)

2 Likes

Yes it is allowed. People just tend to prefer commercial.

4 Likes

Thanks @KaiM

1 Like

Yupp! It sure is allowed.

1 Like

Just take into consideration how busy the airspace will be because you don’t want to use a slow GA landing in a busy airport

4 Likes

Yep GA is allowed!

3 Likes

Make sure to request the smaller runways you can tell nobody uses but are open according to ATIS for takeoff

3 Likes

Yep will do. I just like flying in heavy (but organised) traffic. 😊

3 Likes

I did it often with the TBM. To add to what’s been said already, be prepared in busy airports to approach faster than you would on your own. ATC know what plane you fly so they will help, but you still have to be fast up to (down to?) about 2000ft Agl!
Enjoy your flights.

3 Likes

I fly GA a lot on ES. I don’t like to fly as a GA in really busy area.

3 Likes

This issue was brought up eariler in the year. Yes, pilots flying GA aircraft have as equal priority and have as equal rights to fly into a controlled ATC airport. Everyone in the game in any plane has equal rights to use all airports (unless you land an A380 on expert in a class delta airport)

2 Likes

Absolutely! And many of the IFATC group will enjoy seeing someone flying it as well as long as it doesnt interfere with traffic.

I had a GA flying in last night into DFW on approach, he requested 31R (which wasn’t being actively used as much), flew at GA altitudes over the approach cone of 36/35’s at 4500 (put him just over the intercept altitude) and then down into 31R, didnt interfere, followed everything.

Was a very positive experience for me as a controller to watch.

On the other hand, if you see a very busy airspace that has 1 runway, its not suggested to get in. The controller will make every way to accommodate, but other aircraft are going to be the issue in not paying attention to your speeds.

6 Likes

Thanks all. Think I’ll have a go tonight - certainly don’t want to be a nuisance!

2 Likes

Any aircraft is allowed on any server, (only caviot being those restriction zones that are present on every server) but it is worth noting that a Super Decathalon into LAX during FNF for example might mot be recieved as kindly on expert as on Casual or training, people tend to prefir realisum, but eaven in that situation as long as you follow the ruels you arnt doing anything wrong

1 Like

Just landed at Singapore Changi, no issues with ATC and I don’t think the controller @Ethan_Hansen (I think) minded.

Here’s a pic from the replay but light adjusted for the purposes of the screenshot (I actually landed in the dark).

2 Likes

Oh hey there’s @DiamondGaming4 and me!

2 Likes

You were fine lol. You just were flying a GA aircraft amongst heavies

2 Likes

Man, I mostly do ga at open atc airports on expert because they usually aren’t anywhere I know jack squat about so i just do some patterns and sometimes depart out and do some stalls and spins then head back. The only time you need to worry is if the event has a TFR and doesnt allow ga planes.

2 Likes

Completely allowed, however ATC do prefer commercial on International airports! (500 movememts)

1 Like