Gear Up signal

Hi,
I don’t know if you noticed that there is a lot of pilots that sometimes make this basic mistake which is forgetting to put the gears while landing.
There is a say that says “there is two types of pilots : those who forgot the gears and those who will”.

That’s why I’d like that when the flaps are fully deployed, and the plane is close to the ground, there is a voice that repeats “Gear UP” to prevent from forgetting to deploy them.

I know that there’s already a sign that says “gear up” when the flaps are fully deployed but obviously it’s not enough : there are still accidents because of that.

What do you think ?

18 Likes

Do you mean GPWS callouts

Yes just like when you are overspeeding

Imagine doing a low-pass… -.-

8 Likes

With an airliner ? they must deploy their gears, watch airshows, you’ll see

Well, GPSW already exists in IF, for example when you hear “one thousand, fifty, forty, thirty, exc.” . FDS should add all his functions…

1 Like

This would be incredibly annoying. Nay it is. 👎

7 Likes

I don’t think that’s a good idea actually…

3 Likes

It’s a no from me too. We already have the callous and the gear up sign. If you still don’t have your gear down by then, rip

7 Likes

Should use checklists instead of relying on automation to remind you

10 Likes

Or what another basis could be of arming spoilers…tho I know ppl usually don’t do that in order to do smooth landings…but if its armed…we can have the gear callout voice…this is a good idea but need a very strong mechanism in order for it to work…anywhay good idea-)

1 Like

Like this pilot?

8 Likes

Would like to see more advanced callouts, including this. MM and OM among others would be great too.

3 Likes

landing gear; landing gear; landing gear; landing gear; landing gear…

Pilot: Ok, calm down and don’t nose back…!!!

Constructive thinking, but with enough gear up landings (crashes?) I would hope that even a complete nimrod would eventually start to remember the gear. Use checklists for every flight.

1 Like

Have you ever seen the swiss 777 fly by att Zürich they did not use gear during that fly by.

1 Like

Was that training server?

Great photo!

Yes. I feel most people on the casual/training Server would need this…

1 Like

too low gear

2 Likes