Gear (Truck) Tilt

I kept my promise and voted.

2 Likes

VOTED!! its amazing have been wanting it alot!

2 Likes

I’m afraid you’re wrong.

:)

4 Likes

In IF it would need to have suspension properties to do that

2 Likes

Yes, I think it will be nice when the aircraft will be reworked

3 Likes

A320 do have a truck, look up A320-100.

2 Likes

Are you referring to the a320s with a set of two wheels? Those are unique I believe to a few airlines that specifically request them for operating on rougher runways.

3 Likes

But then I would have to re-download almost all of the planes which is a pain

2 Likes

You’re saying that planes have gear tilt and should have gear tilt.

You’re saying gear tilt twice.

3 Likes

he means planes with gear tilt IRL ie the concorde and a350-1000 and md11/dc10 dont

2 Likes

But, its incorrect grammar.

1 Like

I want gear tilt because I want to land realistically. Such as buttering the bread. Examples:

Credit: MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

4 Likes

I think the inclination of the gear is an essential thing for IF, it’s something very important in an airplane game like IF. If I had to choose when it will be added, I will choose the next M.À.J from IF.

3 Likes

I think this is definitely needed in the game. It might make landing some planes a little weird (mostly the 777 and A330) since touching the ground technically doesn’t mean you are on the ground yet, but it would be fun to learn the little quirks of each landing. Also it would make landings look so much more realistic from an outside perspective, and maybe even some takeoffs as well (I’m mostly referring to the A380 on this one because the lack of tilt gives an extra 2-3 degrees of possible rotation angle. I understand it would require redoing the code on the gear for every plane that has it but it would be worth it. Combine this with landing smoke and you’ve got yourself a perfect setup.

6 Likes

Captain Joe made a video explaining how this works.

5 Likes

Finally 100 votes! I hope this comes soon

4 Likes

If this feature eventually gets added, it would be sooo easy to really butter the bread.

2 Likes

I think the new landing gear system may be capable of this. Rember it has stuff like moving suspension, and hydraulics. So for the (can’t rember what it is called) that is responsible for gear truck to be in there would make sense. And if you are going to say “well then why don’t we have it” that would be because it is only on single gear aircraft, like the CRJ and A320 so far. Once more multi wheel aircrafts are reworked I would expect this to be part of it…

6 Likes

Would be incredible if it not only tilted, but served the purpose that Captain Joe pointed out, which is to notify the autobrake system when to deploy the speedbrakes and activate the brakes. You’ve got my vote, and I’d love to see this in-game

1 Like

I think if a heavy sies get reworked, than this probably might be included as FDS is like going full blown with realism now, abd during the a320 family wing flex addition, they said they reworked the gear physics for that model

2 Likes