Gear issue

Hey guys when I do a long haul flight the gear always comes down mid flight. I can guarantee that nobody has touched the gear down button. Anyone know what the issue is here, because I come back and I have low fuel because the gear was down for half the flight.

What aircraft is it?
Could you upload a replay?

I have never heard of this before.

Replays do not show controls touched.

2 Likes

Are you sure you didn’t do it by accident or something else (pillow, object on table, etc.) didn’t touch it?

Hey,

Is it possible you have another button set up to lower/raise your gear other than the conventional UI one?

Maybe it’s paired to a joystick/third party setup function you could be pressing?

Thanks,
Patrick

It has happened to me on the 787, 747 and just happened on the A330.

Yes I’m positive cause I’m away from my device during long hauls

Nope. I don’t have any third party things set up right now

So it happens all the time during a long haul?

What I’m saying is that something (maybe a case, something on a table, etc.) may have touched it while you were away from your device.

Hey,

May I suggest, before your next flight, you enable the show touches feature of IF.

Go to Settings > General > Show touches. This may clarify what’s going on mid-flight.

This isn’t an immediate solution but will allow you to pinpoint what’s going on for future flights after your next one. You should be able to watch the replay yourself and identify the issue but, if not, we’d be glad to help.

Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like

I have it set up on a little desk. Maybe a pillow might’ve hit it… I’ll move the pillows and see if it occurs again. That’s how it was set up. I didn’t move anything yet

Will do Patrick. I’ll see if this fixes it and will post here again if need be

1 Like

Maybe try another long haul and see if it happens again. If it does, report back please.

Maybe a keyboard input could cause the gear to comedown?

Try on solo mode with that setup and press “G” on the keyboard to see if the gear come down

2 Likes

@Aviation3, here’s a temporary solution for you. Try going into settings and turning off bluetooth, or find another way to turn off the keyboard.

It looks like that the keyboard may be the origin of the problem.

3 Likes

Hey,

Before your next flight, do something else, in addition to the steps I suggested below.

Remove your keyboard. It’s possible that a number of things could be affecting the accessory (eg. accidental press, key jam). IF automatically pairs keyboard keys to functions. If anything were to happen to your [G] key, your gear would lower/raise.

EDIT: @Shiv mentioned it just before me.

Thanks,
Patrick

2 Likes

Ok guys thanks for the help. Will do all this on my next long haul flight. I will be departing from Cairo shortly off to Asia. I will report back!

1 Like

@patrickv @Thunderbolt.

A keyboard which is attached via the smart connector (like the one OP has) is not seen by Infinite Flight and thus one cannot bind keys to it to execute actions in the app. Removing the keyboard does no good to solve the OP’s issue.

2 Likes

Hey,

That’s good to know in future.

But surely that sort of thing isn’t registered by IF. I thought it’d just be an extension of their device, which any app would treat as the keyboard.

Thanks,
Patrick

1 Like