GE90 engine connector shape

Just a slight suggestion, seeing the GE90 on the 200 and the WIP picture on instagram, I can’t help notice the metal bit that sticks out onto the engine to attach it to the wing seems a bit too straight in the sim vs real life. Attached are some photos to hopefully make clear what mean. (Is it possible to only have OCD for planes 😂)

Please note that the 777 is still in development and can be subject to changes. Although posting is helpful to recognise the issue. Thanks!

2 Likes

I don’t think this is necessary and also I don’t see a difference between the to. Also it’s a work in progress so it can change:)

1 Like

Yes it’s only minor but Theres always room for improvement :) I’m not trying to sound mean or aggressive, it’s just a thought I have on my mind

1 Like

Yes I know, but it is like that on the current 772 so I thought I would just post my thoughts on here :)

I’m sure it’s the same just the angle of the pictures makes it look different

Yeah I see what you mean. No problem. Just for me I don’t think it’s that big of a problem:)

1 Like

If you look at GE90 profile views online, the engine connector does dip down a little like the OP mentioned.

However, as said above, this is a work in progress. I wouldn’t be surprised if this is one of the first iterations and is simply easier to design without the curvature for the time being.

Please most if not all pictures shared on official Infinite Flight media platforms are works in progress. This ultimately means is that their design may or may not be final and is subject to change. Let’s hold off until the aircraft is released before creating a feature request for this if it still exists by that time. Thanks! 🙂

2 Likes