GE tests GE9X engine

Imagine the amount of power in that thing 😯😯😯

1 Like

So this means it will use less fuel and make less pollution? That’s fancy because engines are being more economic

That engine is actually ridiculously big

1 Like

If GE calls that size progress, see this concept from 20 years later (took 30 seconds on Microsoft Paint). But then maybe they will manage to cram more efficiency in the same old engine size and we won’t have the horrible MemeLiner below…
MemeLiner

7 Likes

An amazing engine for sure!

1 Like

That thing looks hilarious on the 747 😂
Nice post, can’t wait to see the 777x rolling out.

3 Likes

GE also makes my microwave and washing machine

4 Likes

They had to custom make a pylon because the engine is too big for the 747 and had to adjusted angle in order to meet the ground clearance minimum.

2 Likes

It looks photoshoped even though I know its not.

1 Like

Let’s hope that this plane doesn’t have an engine scraping incident. 😉

1 Like

MASSIVE!!! Can’t wait for the first prototype flying around Seattle… wanna hear that sound!

It has less then the GE-90

2 Likes

Amazing, looking at the engine in the test plate form made me imagine Boeing attaching GE 9 to all four engines on the 747.

It wouldn’t be good at all. It would be perfectly fine with 2 of those engines but 4 would probably damage the aircraft.

That’s true. But just Imagine If it could work. :)

It’s really crazy how big the engine is. I can’t wait to hear how it sounds!

Oh my god, how did they get that on it. Imagine that on an Embraer or something.

Probably won’t be able to get it on, haha.

That would be the funniest thing ever, the engine is bigger that the plane itself LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

1 Like

You’d have thought that during manufacture, they’d have realised that one of the engines was slightly larger than the others…

1 Like