This is my radar ATC tracking thread.
I have been IFATC Tower, Ground and ATIS qualified for a while, and have been training toward my Radar qualification for a few months with my IFATC trainer. Sadly my trainer has decided to step down, and after failing my radar practical at the weekend I have some specifics to work on to pass the re-test.
I’d really appreciate your time in helping me out. Here is what I need to work on:
- Setting up multiple aircraft on parallel runway approaches.
- Managing Visual, Radar Vector and Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR) approaches into the pattern.
- Judging terrain clearance adjacent to base leg final turns.
- Not giving too wide of a pattern for radar circuits.
- Not giving too high of an altitude for radar circuits.
I will therefore only pick airports with parallel runways and some form of interesting terrain nearby.
I shall not pick any airport that I am aware of as used for any IFATC practical exams.
All Feedback will be greatly appreciated!
Display name = Gauntlet1
Status = Closed
Server = Training(TS)
Airport = N/A
Frequencies = Approach / Centre