Gate Bookings | Infinite Flight Ground

I know in the past people have discussed, ATC may direct aircraft to gates but that would be to complicated.

In this idea, in your flight plan you can book a gate at your destination airport. If someone has booked a certain gate already it won’t appear.

So when the aircraft lands at the destination airport, he may ask, “CP760 Request taxi to parking” the controller can reply by tapping “taxi to”- list: runways, parking & the booked gate number. Once the person leaves the game it will unlock again or deletes it from the flight plan.

• Booked gates disappear from the list which users can chose from.
  • Markings will direct the plane to the gate
  • Add a new section in the flight planning page

Something along the lines like:

• Yes this would be pretty awesome
  • No this sucks, everything about this idea sucks

0 voters

30 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

It would probably make it more realistic

I actually really like this idea!

Yeh and u could have so that certain aircraft can only select a certain gate due to size

5 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Even if its just for major airports

1 Like

Like the ones on Kilt airport lists, red for heavies, blue for the A380, and yellow for the smaller aircrafts.

4 Likes

Just added this picture above /\ Took a while but I made something

We could do the same with spawning in! So when you select your spawn gate and there’s someone at that gate it won’t let you select it

3 Likes

Already made something about that.

1 Like

Too many people have no idea which gate is which.

5 Likes

That’s why Infinite Flight needs these.

http://rdublog.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/dsc0631.jpg

5 Likes

Now this is one of the best ideas I’ve seen here in a while. Few things are more annoying when you’re quietly waiting at your gate, planning your FPL, then suddenly you find a A380 barreling down before you stealing your place. That would be an amazing feature if added. I think @matt would love this idea! Real good thinking @Skylines !! I’m impressed. And I do agree @FlyFi that these signs are needed but if the FPL screen would guide you to your allocated spot, it would be more efficient and quicker for the pilots that after landing, are searching for their spot. Nevertheless very good idea!

3 Likes

Okay then… however there’s one downside. What about the people who don’t use airport diagrams to navigate themselves around airports? They’ll need signage, or just like the runway numbers are labeled above the runways, gate numbers could be labeled above or on gate taxi lines.

That why I suggested a markings towards the gate.

Found it!

1 Like

This idea has been around for sometime…quoted from someone earlier

2 Likes

I think instead of booking it would be better if you’ve landed when you request permission to taxi to parking ground assigns you a parking…taxi to________Ground will always be in a better position to know which gate is open for the size of your aircraft…maybe just a feature addition in ground a.t.c…thats my point of view i saw this sometime back in an atc sim in google play store…unmatched air trafic control

Cool idea.