Gate Arrival Helper

Basically this helps you pull into the gate since there is no person on ground. My vision is those dots on the screen represent your position and they are blinking as you pull into the gate. When you need to turn left a little, the left side of the dots will blink and the right will be stationary and vise-versa. When you dont need to turn, they will both blink at the same time. When you get close to the point of stopping, the lights will blink out from the outer-most dot into the middle. Once they ALL blink out, that means stop.

Now this is a interesting request and I like it!

So would it basically just help people park better at the gate (As if you are in 1st person: you really cant see how aligned you are)?!?

8 Likes

Yeah basically so you dont have to look outside the cockpit to see how lined up you are. AND it shows what gate you’re parking at.

3 Likes

I like the idea, but shouldn’t the lights on both sides be stationary if you don’t need to turn? :) Great idea overall!👍

2 Likes

Well in real life, the persons arms are still moving back and forth when you dont need to turn so I was just kinda tryna keep it as realistic as possible.

1 Like

Ok I understand, it just sounded a little confusing to me at first. :)

1 Like

I like the creativity with this feature request. Would be interesting to see some sort of interface make its way into Infinite Flight someday.

Here’s a neat video that gives a good rundown on how the system works. Start at 01:25 to get to the cream of the crop. Otherwise, I recommend watching from the beginning. Its only a 3 min video.

17 Likes

That would be cool thing if 3D bulidings come but thats a whole other request thread.

1 Like

Yeah it would. The concept is still the same. I was just including the video to show others the real world application further backing up your feature. 😊

6 Likes

I have never seen one of those at KPHX. Or anywhere else. I was never really looking but that’s pretty cool. Know I have something to look for when I go to the airport this Thursday. Hopefully the cockpit door is open when I get on the plane and I Will look in and see if I can find it. Nice video. 👍🏼🙂

1 Like

I would love this. Especially if an airport doesn’t have parking lines and because obviously realism!

1 Like

Very interesting! Would love to see something like this! Very creative and a great way to stay realistic!

1 Like

it would be really helpful when parking the plane at night especially. Voted :)

1 Like

10th Vote! Love the idea!

1 Like

Great idea. I wanted to see parking numbers or signs anyway. This is the next best thing.

1 Like

Now, this is worth a vote man! The creativity is outstanding and that thought of it being in the game would make all the difference! Voted ;)

Edit: Oh no! I’m out of votes :( But, I 100% support this

1 Like

Thank you all for voting!

This is probably one of my favorite requests I’ve seen this year! Everytime, I try to park at the gate, I either stop too early or too late when I use the cockpit camera.

Voted!

1 Like

I will vote for this this is my favorite feature request, as people have said before we’ve all had issues pulling into the gate

2 Likes

This feature would still be very useful.