Gate-Aid

So if you turn on the airport text, you can see things like (of course the airport name) hovering over the airport as well as the runways and how well the landing conditions are for those runways (green, orange/yellow, green). I thought since the new gate restrictions in in 19.1 prevent people at spawning at a gate to small for them. We could have something like a colored dot above each gate if you have the airport text on to signal if this gate is big enough for your aircraft. (so people don’t accidentally park at a gate that is too small). For example let’s say you’re flying a 777 but the gate only is big enough for an a320. The color of the dot above the gate would be red signaling that the gate is too small for your plane. If the gate can accommodate your plane however, the dot would be green.

I don’t know how hard this is to add, but if it is possible it would be a great aid to people like (unfortunately me) who can’t really see if a gate is big enough for them, so that they can park an appropriate gate.

(Note: this feature is for when you park at the gates, I am well aware there are gate restrictions for spawning, as I referenced in this post)

This is already in the sim. As you can see, there are red dots for the gates that can’t handle your aircraft and blue for gates that can.
https://community.infiniteflight.com/uploads/short-url/wTE2hDKy5raeVaIUVfKoaWQFAcT.jpeg

No, he’s talking about in the actual simulator, not the gate selection screen.

2 Likes

Oh alright, never mind then

Like for if you were parking after landing.

2 Likes

Yeah I thought you meant before flight

1 Like

I think the best way or feature is to have Gate / Airport Diagram in the mini map. It helps and make more efficient to park at the Gate or Ramp after you landed and vacate the runway.

1 Like

Airport diagrams will both make taxiing to parking and to runways easier and would also add a little bit of realism as now we can’t use diagrams with out leaving the app or having another device

2 Likes

I usually see that cargo planes spawn at passenger aircraft gates and passenger aircrafts spawn at cargo gates. This should be seperated.

I can’t believe this doesn’t have more votes! This would be really helpful. And for airports with active ATC it would be great if they allocated you a gate on landing. I can’t see that in the suggested features and I’m still not eligible to post.

2 Likes