Ganja is Underrated!

So today I did a really enjoyable flight, visiting Ganja from Baku in the Azal Azerbaijan A319. Azerbaijan is a country which I haven't really explored much in Infinite Flight, so I decided to do this route to kick off. It was a really scenic flight with some stunning views, and I knew I just had to share Ganja with the IFC. So without further ado, here are the screenshots!

Route Info:

Flight Number: J2239
Departure Airport: Baku Heydar Aliyev (UBBB 🇦🇿
Arrival Airport: Ganja International (UBBG) 🇦🇿
Aircraft Azal Azerbaijan Airlines
Flight Time: 0h 40m

The Photos:

Departing out of Baku

Over Khirdalan, or Xırdalan, which is a City North West of Baku

Views of Baku after the SID took us south

A picture without the plen

Wing view over the Mtkvari River

After a very short cruise, it was time to descend into Ganja

Approaching the airport with some really beautiful scenery in the background

Exiting The Runway after a flight time of just under 40 minutes

Thank you for viewing and I hope you liked the pictures

Not too many to share from this one, but I really enjoyed the route and wanted to share them. I hope this topic persuaded people to fly in Azerbaijan, and maybe even try out Ganja! We have both the Azerbaijan Airlines A319 and 787-8, which both operate a fair few routes out of their main base in Baku. Thanks!

52 Likes

Underrated place and beautiful livery, nice topic! Certainly will try it out in the next few days!

4 Likes

The whole region there is fabolous! I visited Tiblisi recently (I recreated LH’s basically daily flight between Munich and Tiblisi) and that one is also sooo beautiful, as the whole town and airport are surrounded by mountains and the approach leads through a valley. If you haven’t I also recommend you visiting UGTB!

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve flown to Tbilisi, Kutaisi and Batumi in Georgia before. I personally love the Caucus Region since the scenery is just stunning. Glad to be able to tick off Azerbaijan now too!

3 Likes

We love the ganja 😍

8 Likes

Thanks for recommending it to me, Marc. Thoroughly enjoyed the flight!

1 Like

Flight 420, requesting taxi and extra meal service.

7 Likes

Awesome shots! I love Azerbaijan and the airline itself has one of the best liveries out there in my opinion. I haven’t been to Ganja from Baku yet but I have flown to Tbilisi from Baku. Great region!

3 Likes

@Suhas Thank you! Yeah It sure is one of my favourites too. Armenia is another beautiful country to fly in, Moscow Sheremetyevo - Yerevan in the Aeroflot 777-300ER is a fun one to do, and Athens - Gyumri in the Ryanair 737-800 is possibly one of my favourite flights. Definitely a region which deserves more attention imo

4 Likes

So lucky this is on the route from Warsaw to Seoul so I can experience it and get VA hours

1 Like

Nice pics! Hopefully I’ll take a trip to Ganja as well soon!

3 Likes

I’m usually not impressed with screenshots, but these were amazing 🤩

3 Likes

Thanks man, appreciate it!

2 Likes

I’ll have to visit Ganja, great screenshots mate

2 Likes

Cheers Hugh

1 Like

Nice flight 🍁

2 Likes

👀
Thanks

1 Like

Nice shots !

@Alex_Kraz , thanks for the invitation here

1 Like

Looks like I finally saw someone using the Azerbaijan livery on the A319, awesome job @Charlieab29!

@LKA, no problem!

3 Likes

My first time using it haha. Definitely planning to use it some more though, Nakhichevan looks tempting 👀

2 Likes