Games Crashes in the middle of flight

On almost all of my long haul flights the game crashes and it’s happened on multiple aircraft

1 Like

We are aware of a slightly increased crash rate on 19.4 with iOS. The cause of this is not 19.4 directly, but a framework used together with iOS 13 that is leaking a substantial amount of memory. The less RAM your iOS device is equipped with, the greater the risk is of being affected.

Now more than ever, the steps quoted should be followed when attempting a longer flight as it will greatly reduce the risks of experiencing a crash.

If you are experiencing these crashes, make sure you reduce the following settings:

• Texture Resolution: Low
  • Anti Aliasing: Off
  • Live Aircraft Count: Low to None, None especially on Final.
  • Rendering resolution: Low
  • Another thing you can try is by setting the camera to ATC or Tower after reaching your cruising altitude. This will help with the memory leak and has been successful lately with a number of pilots.
2 Likes

Thanks I was wondering if it was a software problem because I have had problem loading planes in before I’m getting a new iPad soon because mine is getting old so I bet it’s the source of the problem😃

The root cause was found to be in the scenery loading, caused by an issue with a third party library. The 3rd party vendor was not aware of the issue until Infinite Flight brought it to their attention and confirmed the leak. It is actively being worked on.

Keep an eye on App keep crashing after 19.4 update for more updates.