Game Freezing

Do you have any probems with Wi-fi?

Not really

1 Like

From all the information I’ve read from you, the only problem would be with your Wi-Fi because Wi-Fi is connected to the live server and if anything happens to the Wi-Fi then the live server is affected.

I am not just disconnected from the live server, game freezes for a minute or two, it unfreezes and when its unfrozen I am disconnected from live server and then after ten or so seconds I reconnect.

1 Like

Do you have enough RAM in your iPad? From previous support threads low RAM dedication usually freezes the game, then after the iPad automatically increases RAM storage by clearing out other apps not in use (if this is how iPads work) the game should unfreeze and reconnect.

Device comes with 2GB ram and the device compatibility thread says it should work fine.

1 Like

From the support thread attached below, this person has a similar problem with the same specs as you (but iPad generation difference I believe) but the flight crashes instead of freezes, how many hours are you doing per flight and when does the freezing happen during your flight?

Last night it happened while I was taxiing out of Beijing for a long haul from Beijing to Dallas (approx. 20 mins after spawning in and about 25 mins since last device hard restart). It also just happened twice in my current flight from London to Toulouse. Once when holding short of the runway prior to takeoff and another about 5 minutes after departure.

1 Like

And it is happening right now while I have been in the air for only 25 minutes.

1 Like

The device is not hot at all and I can still swipe down and use the control center so I don’t think it is anything to do with my iPad

1 Like

It’s not about your device being hot, it’s about your RAM.

1 Like

It happens to me as well… but I usually just wait for a couple of seconds and then it should unfreeze.

lol the current freeze has been happening for a couple of minutes now

Then that’s a problem 😳

2 Likes

The thing is, since you have the same situation, have you tried something that the OP didn’t try to prevent and fix the situation? All I know is that 2GB RAM devices tend to have more problems when it comes to running the game smoothly because of game freezes or game crashes.

My freeze lasts a few minutes then get an error message saying “error occurred while installing the package please try again later”

1 Like

@TimR 2 solutions from the thread I attached previously is to not change graphics inflight and look at the sky during flight, have you tried either that can prevent this?

I have not changed my graphics mid-flight and I am not sure how I am supposed to look at the sky during taxiing

1 Like

Not during taxing, during your cruise. This is to reduce problems with scenery loading or in your case, your game freezes which could or is coming from the scenery.

Yes but the freezes still happen on the ground when taxiing so even if I did it during cruise, i would still get freezes on the ground

1 Like