Game crashing

Hi guys, Just purchased the monthly subscription for online, now noticing that my game would crash either on takeoff, mid flight or landing this would usually occur on on airports with 3 or more aircrafts. specific details= ipad mini 2 ( would usually overheat ), rendering quality set to low, rendering resolution set to low, texture quality set to low, Anti aliasing off, limit frame rate on. For live i have Airplane count set to low. I havr no other device to play hopefully find a solution cause i love this game.

2 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m pretty sure the problem lies entirely with your hardware, as the iPad Mini 2 is very old and it cannot keep up with modern titles. Not much you can do about it other than get an upgrade to your current device, and if that’s not doable there isn’t much more to help with it since your settings are all at the lowest settings. Maybe you could get rid of all aircraft from the live settings though that would really diminish the live experience.

2 Likes

Hey there!

The iPad mini 2 is quite an old device and will not run IF well, even on the lowest settings.

Though the chances are low of that specific device ever running IF again, if you want to try to optimize it for the best possible performance, try resetting the device prior to each flight and keep your brightness low, on top of keeping all your other setting low.

3 Likes

Hey there! As the others have said, unfortunately the device you have is going to have trouble running infinite flight. The best thing you can do is to restart your ipad before a flight, have your brightness all the way down during and while running your flights.

Also, maybe go to your settings and clear some storage. Remove games and photos you dont need would be a great idea in order for IF to have some breathing space.

Also internet connection contributes to performance in Infinite Flight so go to an area where your wifi is strong.

Hope this helps and hope to see you in the sky!!

1 Like

no worries, gonna try my best to enjoy the game and will save up from work for an ipad which in your choice fairly low can run infinite flight?

If you’re looking for the most current, cheapest, and best option, aim for the iPad 10.2 and iPad mini 5. I’ll link them below.

1 Like

Is a ipad air 2 good enough?

I’m not too sure, but I wouldn’t recommend it. It’s a 6 year old device with the Apple A8X processor.

If I were you, look into the iPad mini 4. It’s relatively new and can handle IF on all high settings with anti-aliasing off. I used to use it prior to getting the iPad mini 5.

1 Like

I run an iPad Air 2. It runs very well but can lag at a bit. It’s a bit old but it gets the job done and can definitely handle 3 or more aircraft around you. I’d try and look for a newer device though as it is already a bit outdated and will only get worse as tech improves and progresses.

1 Like

It’s still an old device, at over 6 years old. Personally, I’d recommend something from within the past 2-3 years at best. Technology/software evolves fast, and your hardware needs to keep up with it, and something that old will struggle. I’d suggest spending a bit more on something newer so it can last you further down the road.

1 Like

I’d highly suggest you take a look at this thread and see what people have to say regarding devices. It’ll help you find a device that’s within your budget constraints and can run at the settings you desire! My personal recommendation is to find something with an A10 chip or newer, so that it’ll last you longer as updates keep rolling out for IF.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.