I just bought the game 3 days ago on my samsung galaxy s8 and the game is running slow and sometimes it crashes. Downloading the planes and the maps is really really slow.
How much free space do you have on your device? Try 1GB or more. Best is more than 5GB.
hi there! please make sure you have
restarted your device
1gb or higher is recommended for storage
delete and reinstall infinite flight
make sure no apps are running in the background
if you have tried all of the above then please let a moderator or developer know.
make sure you have a good internet connection
make sure you don’t have to many apps open and there is a way to clear ram i would recommend that because i also have a S8.
I honestly think that it is either graphics need to be lowered or more space or just not good with the s8
that is also possible but i think it would be the space because the graphics work perfect for me on high
then I recommend clearing some space , keep about 1 - 2 gb out possible.
I have an ipad mini 2 with only 1 and a half gb left. infinite flight runs perfectly fine. but im going to clear things out so I can allow bout 7gb!
YES! It takes hours to download stuff and it sometimes crashes. I also have an s8. It became a bit faster the day after this happened. It still crashes sometimes but not in game. I dont bother that much anymore.
I’m not totally sure but it may be because Infinite Flight doesn’t support it yet… It’s such a brand new device that maybe the Devs havent gotten to it yet because they are working on a much harder update which we all know… But that’s just what I’m thinking. Don’t take it for granted :)
Thank you for contacting support! First, don’t panic. We want to help you have the best experience possible. Most issues like slow performance, “lagging”, or crashes are minor and easily resolved. Below are some basic steps taken that may help resolve the issue:
- Keep as much unused internal device memory available. 1GB is the recommended amount.
- Always close other apps before opening Infinite Flight.
- Keep your device fresh by completely restarting device power occasionally.
- Disable active add or message blocking apps.
- Don’t install unapproved apps.
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device.
- Don’t install IAP unlocking apps like Freedom or LuckyPatcher. They won’t work and can cause problems that aren’t supported.
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device.
- Unplug your modem and WiFi router for about 30 seconds, then plug them back in if online “lag” occurs.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing
- Lower “Show aircraft count live” setting.
- Lower Aircraft or Water graphics setting.
If you try everything above and still have trouble, check to make sure you have the latest firmware update available for device installed. Lastly, we recommend you delete the app, restart device power, then sign into the same account used to purchase the app originally to reinstall.
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
If you still need help or have questions, reply with a brief description of the problem. Include reproducible scenario steps and also device make, model, and current operating system version. Screenshots are welcome so we can better assist you and get you back in the air!
Kind Regards, Sebastian.