Game crashing after latest update

So far since the latest update my iPad mini has crashed twice. Both times it’s been at the end of a long haul flight so it’s infuriating. All of a sudden I’ll go to click something or check the map but I can’t click and I realise the game has frozen. So the only thing I can do is either quit the game or leave it alone but I left it alone both times and after a few seconds it crashes and quits.

It’s a pretty new iPad mini so it’s definitely not the iPad. Also no other apps were running at the same time and cache had recently been cleared so everything should have been running smoothly.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2 Likes

Hello!

Please see this:

5 Likes

I have read this issues with mixed feelings. One thing I find very strange is that I have done some long hauls with the incredible A350 with my humble iPad Air2 without any issues yet. Yesterday, I flew from VHHH to the very busy WSSS with everything on max and aircraft count very high. Then did some short flights to WMKK, then did the longest with the 350. WSSS to EDDM. That’s 12+ hrs and landed without any problems. Apart from doing what @schyllberg said. I don’t keep replays (usually delete them after few days). It may not play a big part on the performance. I have usually delete and reinstall the app as a whole whenever there is a new update. I also wonder if this IOS 13 thing have more impact on some devices more than others
. I really hope want hear what other Air2 owners have to say.

3 Likes

I use the iPad mini 4 and if I’m honest I haven’t had any crashing issues SINCE the update. I’ve also tried to stick to 9-10 hours flights.

Update 19.4 says there was support for iOS 13 so I’d think something was done to deal with the crashing issue. For now I just stick to 9-10 hour flights at most, just to get some landings, before taking the risk with a long haul.

1 Like

Actually, “Support for iOS13” is actually part of the cause. Complex things…

It is however interesting that some of you are having zero issues, while some are having massive.

2 Likes

Hi, I use a IPad mini 4 also and can’t complete a flight. I’ll try deleting the replays

1 Like

I went to the extreme. I factory resetted my iPad and disabled any app that could run in the background, and deleted every app I don’t use. Ever since I last complained, and I decided to do this, honestly my flights have been going really well, especially after the update. But I don’t do flights over 10 hours out of fear the app will crash.

So far so good in my case though!

5 Likes

Thanks for replying. Interestingly yesterday I did a 7 hour flight with no problems but today I was flying an 8 hour flight and it crashed around the 7 hour mark. I’m guessing that must be where the limit for my device is. I’m glad it’s a known issue though so hopefully it gets patched soon.

2 Likes

I cleared all photos off, deleted nonessential apps, and it even crashed on a <1 hr flight

1 Like

@Charles_B and @BadPlane, Factory Resetting, Removing Apps, Photos, Wiping Your iOS Device will more than likely not solve the issue. I know that you two have read what Seb has said above, and from that, we can understand that the issue isn’t with your device, but rather partially with the software (iOS) and other factors may lie in between there too. I did talk with Seb on a PM, and all I can say is, this whole matter is quite complicated, so for now, let’s wait, and hope for the best that they find a solution. It may take time, but in the end it’ll be worth it :)

4 Likes

So this has happen to me before 2 times, it was 2 long hauls and they both crashed on final approach but i didn’t have any problems before the game crashed it just happen out of no where

1 Like

Same thing happened to me yesterday on final at WSSS after a 12 hour long flight

1 Like

I use the new iPad Air and I have yet be able to complete a flight with the A350 I’ve tried updating and restarting before each flight. Now I’ve downloaded all the liveries for it and hoping this will help 🤞🤞. Never had issues with IF before the update.

1 Like

Mine crashed about 17 hours into my flight from VHHH to SCEL on an iPad mini 4. I’m about 9 hours into the 21 hour return flight atm so I’ll see where it crashes this time.

1 Like

I wonder why I’m not experiencing problems yet @Captain_JR @BadPlane . The update seems to have solved the issue for me somehow. But again I have my flight duration limits regardless. I’ve managed 2 A350 flights without issues (out of 2 flights). They were both about 7 hours long. I also restart my device before every flight now no matter what.

2 Likes

Im only facing issues at flights longer than 12hs but only done one flight that is Long Haul so can’t say that I will experience the issue every time. All my Short Hauls have gone well. Prior to 19.4 I never ever restarted my device, went on for 30-70hrs straight, I hope they can fix the issue :)

Btw you mentioned your issue is gone after the update, after 19.4 that is, I suppose, you use a iOS device for IF as well. I mean until I can make 14hr flights with no app crash, the issue is still persistent till then.

1 Like

I’ve been using an iPad mini 4 for over 6 months now… crashes seem to have started after iOS 13. Then IF 19.4 came out after I factory reset my device, and the game has actually looked to be running smoother than before (less lag).

Knowing I could experience an app crash after 10-11 hours (before 19.4), I’ve stopped doing those flights, it’s traumatic lol. I just follow every precaution the devs suggest before starting a flight and stick to 9-10 hours.

In 2 hours I’ll be attempting LPPT - SBGR though… In the A350… We’ll see how that goes.

1 Like

i do 12+ hour flight without a problem until this update.

Wish you luck on the Long Haul Flight. I have noticed that after iOS 13 flights longer than 40hrs wouldn’t happen. 50-70hrs easily prior to iOS 13.

Seb did mention that this was partially due to iOS 13, it having a very buggy release.

A factory reset solved some issues for you, interesting. I might try it on my other iPad and see how things go there. Thanks for sharing your experience :)

2 Likes

It all comes down to memory. Killing running apps (facebook, twitter, instagram, etc) will help to free up resources for Infinite Flight. I know many people are experiencing crashes using 3rd party apps. You can try a flight without them and see if it makes a difference.

Every device is different in terms of what is running so it may take some trial and error to find what works for you until iOS fixes their leak.

1 Like