Hi, I love flying into Heathrow everyday, But my game keeps crashing on final approach, I am using an iPhone 6, I clear cached the scenery 3 minutes before my game crashed, anyone else with an iPhone 6 got any recommended graphics options? Or any settings to change?
This belongs in #support
General tips regardless of device:
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Lower Airplane Count
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting
- Disable Anti Aliasing
General iOS tips:
- One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
- Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
These settings were proved sufficient for the iPhone 6
OS IOS 11.2.1 and later
Rendering Quality High
Rendering Resolution High
Texture quality High
Limit Frame Rate On
Airplane Count Medium
GeekBench Scores 1365 / 2318
Notes On longhaul flights the device will become slower so i recommend you restart your device close all background apps enable low power mode and lower brightness also if you are going into busy airports lower your graphics to the lowest and lower your airplane count :)
Oops hang on
No worries, take your time. :)
There might be too much data stored on your phone through other apps, photos, etc. Consider deleting old apps you don’t use. Or, get a new phone with higher storage. I have a 6s, very close to yours, but with 128 gigs. I have no issues
Yea I have loads of apps, I deleted Instagram, Snapchat because I don’t need those atm