Game crash

So hi I just want to adress my concern about my Infinite flight app so it’s been 4 days since I have the 1 month subscription but then my game keeps crashing and it’s kinda f up… so I searched about tips that could avoid game crashes I set my graphics into the lowest as possible and force stopped the app reinstall it and updated my phone and hoping that there will be no more game crash in the middle of the flight but… Non of them worked… Any advices? Or maybe it depends on devices and other rumors says there is no way to fix it… I hope someone will resolve this issue…

8 Likes

What type of device do you have? It could be a major reason of the crashes. Usually older devices will not work too well, even with newer updates as the memory will stay the same

1 Like

I can confirm that: The app also crashes at irregular intervals for me. Unfortunately, a second installation did not help. I am using an iPad 3 Air with iOS 15. Before the last update, everything ran smoothly; even in the highest resolution.

3 Likes

Oppo A94 my mom bought me like last year around September 2021

2 Likes

Infinite Flight requires 3 GB minimum. Do you have other applications that add up to a total of 8 GB? High storage could crash it overheating could also be a result. Sometimes it crashes for me. This was common after the 22.8 update.

1 Like

Strange I have 48GB total of 128GB it’s not high enough and I don’t feel any heat when it comes for a long haul flight…

2 Likes

I think it is a Infinite Flight problem. Did you lower the screen brightness? It could depend on devices. Very common crashing problem after 22.8 I tried lowering screen and turning texture down a bit and it worked.

yes i already did that earlier for my RPMD to VHHH flight and still crashed the app

1 Like

Well, I am sorry. I have no idea then. Try to ask a moderator.

1 Like

alright man but thanks for it much appreciate it!

1 Like

maybe i forgot to restart the phone thats why o crashed?

1 Like

Possibly, I recommend doing that before each flight.

1 Like

I’m back to having the same problem. On final from Geneva, to Heathrow. Last six minutes. Game crashed. Yesterday landing at City Airport. Same thing happened. Frustrating.

2 Likes

One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight is to perform a soft reset on the device. This is a fast and reliable way to ensure that your device is running at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then press and hold the home button until you return to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a reset is recommended as the soft reset feature does not exist on them. Make sure you don’t have “low power mode” on your iPhone. If so, the battery icon in the upper right corner is yellow. This can be disabled from Settings → Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it configured. Having “Low Power Mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in performance degradation. Note: This is not the same as “low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function

This advice helped me for the moment… I have your same device and it happened to me and with this it no longer

2 Likes

Try to zoom into the cockpit when cruising, this can avoid downloading the scenery when you don’t watch it, I can finish the flight since I did this.

1 Like

Yeah sometimes that worked but mostly still crashed during the approach just like happened to me earlier after 4hrs flight the game still crashed

1 Like

Will try 😃

1 Like

I have been experiencing app crashes as well. Are the chances of an app crash more likely on the beta server or the regular expert server? or is it unrelated and equally as likely?

For me IF wasn’t crashing but it was heating up my device, lagging when 22.8 came out and was draining the battery on my iPad and it wasn’t my iPad or apple because other games it runs smooth and the battery isn’t being drained. I cancelled the subscription because honestly it’s just a joke that I’m paying every month £10 just to have my battery drained, yes IF is good you can fly to loads of places but I could be playing other flight sims that have realistic clouds and many more without having my battery drained.

4 Likes

Even after some changes in the settings, the app continues to crash. Unfortunately, I have to agree with the previous reviewer: Currently and in its current state, the software is not worth the money. A crash of the app in the landing approach, on my device, is the rule - no matter how long you fly or which aircraft is used. I would be very happy about a statement from the developers on this. If necessary, I will also make my system reports available for this purpose. Thanks.

3 Likes