Game Crash

Device: iPad 7th gen
Operating system: ios 15.6

Hello I recently had my game crash on approach to San Francisco from Delhi in a 772L. Things like this have been happening to me at select airports such as Heathrow, San Francisco, JFK. This happens all the time at said airports no matter if they are busy or not.
How can I avoid this?

1 Like

This has happened to me as well, I think it is just based on how active you are you need to take breaks in between flights.

Hello,

This is a problem that has been seemingly common! Hopefully a fix will be soon!

-Logan

2 Likes

It is also about how often you fly and how long your flights are…

Well mostly just do overnight flights of 11 hours and up but sometimes i do do short 1-3 hour hauls during the day

Hello. I have sole recommendations for you.

Recommendations :
Always fly on all low especially considering how old your device is
Set limit to 30fps
Lower the 3D object density
Plane count > Low
Auto low power > on
Anti aliasing > off
Restart beforw flight
Close all tabs
Clear atleast 1 gb storage
Clear scenery cache before flight and on approach

It work for me. This message come from @Hamzaviator

1 Like

I think infinite flight need to start working on bugs and device heating up and stuff like that because people that I know have moved to different flight sims because of the bugs and device heating up quickly even myself I just got the newest iPad with the m1 chip and my device heats up quickly some flights my device keeps cool but most of the time it heats up quickly and I have the newest iPad, they seriously need to fix these issues. I haven’t had a game crash but I see a lot of people getting game crashes which I know is very annoying I just think infinite flight should start working on bugs and a way to keep devices a bit cooler.

2 Likes

Or they just fix the problem instead we have to adjust our settings to get it working

2 Likes

Yeah they have to fix stuff instead of us changing our settings every single time.

2 Likes

That highly depends on device.
If you’re using an iPad Air 2 with highest settings and expecting everything to work flawlessly, you’ll be disappointed. Most devices can’t handle that.

However, in cases such as for @CaptainDutch - it’s a legit issue with the app which we are working on.

If you do run with 60fps though, heating up is normal and pretty expected.

I have the newest iPad now and I play on 30fps and my device still warms up pretty quickly. Back in 2020 there was no problems at all with infinite flight no device heating up quickly just the battery going down quickly that’s all and that was when I had the iPad Air 2 now I have the newest one and it heats up quickly.

1 Like

The M1 seems to like heating up. I get it when watching Netflix on it too.

It’s not really something for us to solve.
The crash issue is on us though, no doubt.

2 Likes

Yeah I know it’s not something you guys can do about it’s understandable but as soon as a I start a flight it starts to heat up but when I watch YouTube for hours and hours it’s just a bit warm, is there a way I can keep it cooler for infinite flight because I’m always worried my device will just get destroyed by the heat.

1 Like

Lower screen brightness.
But I wouldn’t worry too much. The M1 chip can take high temps.

1 Like

Would putting down graphics help?

To be honest I just put my iPad in the fridge for a few minutes…

1 Like

Thank you ill try these tonight on my long haul

Nah. I wouldn’t say. Not that I’ve noticed.

1 Like

Would not do that. That’s a quick way of getting a short…

1 Like

I did that once in 2020 except I put it in my freezer and I took it out and my iPad turned off but luckily it turned back on 😂😂😂