Game Crash

Hi IFC,
Recently I have not been able to play IF due to game crashes every flight. At times through the flight especially when looking at the camera the game freezes and then crashes. This has been ever since the update and I can no longer run the game at all. All my graphics are on low, I have all the necessary settings on to stop crashes and my internet is great. Is there anything else I can do because IF is unusable right now?
Thank you,
Captain Cign

Maybe try turning the graphics down to allow your device to run smoothly and also what’s the device you play IF on?

Thanks for the advice but I have already done that!
Happy Flying
Cign

1 Like

Yes sorry I didn’t read the important info, what about re-download the app?

What device do you use?

Welcome to the #support Category.

This is where you will ask any questions if you’re experiencing issues with Infinite Flight. All assistance will be given by your fellow community members. For official support, please contact us by email at support@infiniteflight.com

Please read the following before opening a support topic so you can be properly helped. Remember, the more information the better!

Please include:

Device brand, model, and current operating system version. Example: iPad Air 2 iOS10, or Samsung GalaxyA7 Android 5.0

Any device modifications such as “rooted” or “jailbroken”, custom ROM, or third party apps installed such as screen recorders.

Include brief steps you’ve taken to troubleshoot without success. Example: “restarted and reinstalled app without resolution”

Screenshots welcome

(Quoted from Sebs support information topic)

1 Like

A 3 year old IPad mini with 12 GB of storage left! Running the latest IOS.

I’ll also give deleting the app and reinstalling it a try!
Thanks for that,
Cign

Take a look at this also. This is a problem with iOS devices with 2GB of RAM or less.

How do I find out my RAM?

Do you know how to clear your system’s running resources? It’ll be in settings. Should be called device care or cleanup something similar. It’ll show how much RAM is available overall and what’s being used.

1 Like

Common misconception.

It’s a problem with all iOS devices, throughout the board. It is those with less amount of RAM, mainly 1 and 2 GB RAM that is most affected and usually experience App Crash more frequently or earlier on in a flight.

But devices with more RAM are also being hit by the iOS Memory Leak issue, but jot as broadly and often. I for an instance cannot even with 4GB RAM device fly for more than 16-17hrs. That’s a limitation, not allowing me to fly ULH flights.

Since devices with less RAM have, well, less amount of RAM they are more prone to receiving App Crash, and therefore it is extra important for such devices to have been soft restarted and having all background apps closed. Many have seen improvements by turning off Anti-Aliasing and turning off 3rd-Party Apps as well.

1 Like

Yes, just found out I have 1GB of RAM… I was only in the air for 1hr before it crashed though.

2 Likes

Yes it is an issue with all iOS devices (Sorry Captain_JR). I personally use Android. IF will be working hard to find a resolution soon I’m sure. Sorry to all those on iOS that are experiencing this.

1 Like

Ok, unfortunately yes you’ll experience this problem very frequently as you have. Infinite Flight are working on a fix but due to the recent holiday break, it’s taking a little longer than expected. It’s a complex issue and will take a bit of working out I’m afraid. Have a read of the support docs above to see what else can be done to limit the crashes. If nothing else, sit tight.

Matt

1 Like

If IF are looking to resolve this then I will hold off canceling the subscription. This is so frustrating now. Fingers crossed it comes soon!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.