Game Crash to Madrid

Hello folks, I would like to report another game crash. I was enroute to Madrid from Bologna and the game just cut off as I was about to descend onto Madrid. This just piss me off and now I have to do the flight all over again and now time has now been wasted. I was listening to music and stuff as I was enroute and as I was about to descend, it crashed. This was Iberia 8763 on the Bombardier CRJ-1000 from LIPE-LEMD

Device: iPad Mini 6

2 Likes

happened to me too enroute from Tirana to Eindhoven smh

Sorry to hear you are experiencing crashes.

I know it’s frustrating.

The hotfixes already fixed several issues found in crash reports.
Luckily crash reports are sent automatically, so you can count on the devs being hard at work tracking down causes for those crashes and finding fixes for them.
It will take some time though, so please bear with them.
It still has top priority.

Well does it have something to with storage because I had 40.1 GB and I deleted some replays from September to October to free up space?

No idea, but probably unlikely.
Hopefully the crash report will shed some light on the cause.

Which device are you using?
The devs will be able to see that in the log, but I’m just curious.

An iPad mini 6

OK

OK!
So, 4 Gb of RAM.
Do you have 64Gb or 256Gb of storage?

I have 64 GB of storage

1 Like

I do think it’s interesting that several users that are experiencing crashes are using a device with 4Gb of RAM and 64Gb of storage.

Could be a total coincidence though, but still.

Like I said, the devs will hopefully be able to determine the cause by looking at the logs.
So fingers crossed!

Yesterday I cleaned up some IF data on my device.
I deleted some replay files, but mostly airport editing data.
It turned out to be close to 40Gb!
My device wasn’t even close to being full, so I never got a warning, but iPadOS would absolutely generate a storage warning when it would be getting close to being fully used.

1 Like

Ok then. I have rescheduled my flight to Xiamen as I was going to connect at Madrid from Bologna and the game crashed which got me frustrated

Is the device’s storage getting close to full?

Yeah well, it’s at 40.1 GB out of 64 GB

Well, then that shouldn’t be the issue.
I was just curious.
Lets hope the devs will soon find the cause and a fix.

Ok then @Jan

I’m currently en route to London Heathrow in order to go to Xiamen, hoping the game doesn’t crash

Iv had crashes on 5 out of 8 flights on my iPad mini 5, 64GB, 3GB Ram. I only use it for IF gaming so has almost no other apps on it. Game just shuts off and closes, mostly during flights. I do a soft-reset before each flight to clear the ram and cache, i dont save any replays, i always delete them. I also clear the cache in game, aliasing off, textures medium and high. Its pretty frustrating :( Im starting to believe that maybe 3GB of ram isnt enough anymore?

Does deleting IF clear the data ?

Yes it does.
When you delete the app, you loose the replays and airport edits as well.

1 Like

Ok thanks good to know . That’s what I do at the end of each flight ( and then reinstall IF before the next flight) idk if it helps prevent crashes . Does it ?

Are the crashes occurring during cruise or departing and arriving at airports? Have you tried lowering your Aircraft Count settings? Also, are you getting forced notifications from Apple by any chance, those will pause the session and could end the session if you are getting notifications outside of IF.

1 Like