Future of the "Region of the Month" Series

Hello guys,

As you may know, a few few months ago I started righting a new topic series on IFC called Region of the Month. The purpose of this series is to encourage people to fly in the many beautiful places in the world that don’t get enough attention in Infinite Flight:

These articles take a lot of time to research and write, and as
I began to write a new one for September, I released that it might not be needed. There are several other topics on IFC, such as Suggested Routes, Must see locations, and Airport of the Month, that seem to be more popular then my articles and that serve the same purpose, so I am trying to figure out if I should continue this or make changes. My questions to you are: How often do read the articles? Do you actually explore the areas? Do you feel my series is needed when there are many similar topics out there? If I change this, how should I do it? Please vote on the polls below and feel free to voice your opinion in the comments. Thanks!

How do you read these articles? (includes future readers)

• I read the articles and take lots of time to explore the suggested areas, airports, and routes
  • I enjoy reading the articles but don’t usually go out of my way to check out the areas
  • I don’t really read the articles, nor do I plan to

0 voters

If I decide to change how I do this, how should I go about it?

• Continue making these, but only do it every 2-3 months
  • Make a simplified version (maybe just the areas section) every month
  • Make it a group effort (multiple researchers and writers)
  • Stop doing it, there are similar topics that can be used for the same purpose

0 voters

3 Likes

How about select areas only with Satellite Imagery. I find it boring to do region of the month and no beautiful views.
14546c5717a95a5e024ffed3c65631fd57a4928f_1_690x412
(Don’t select places that aren’t covered, but this is my opinion.)

4 Likes

I think if you do decide to continue creating the articles and make it a group effort, you should only ask people that you know and trust to do the research and job well. The “ managing XXX airport” topics went well at the beginning and then some less skilled collaborators went and did poor research and contructed poor articles, effectively ruining the series. I don’t want to see that happen to your articles as well

3 Likes

I mean I do try to stop by, like I did a flight to Ethiopia when that was the region, and same for Montana. But in the end I still always end up whare the ATC is…

1 Like

I never have selected a region without good imagery and I don’t plan too. I agree with you in that it would be very boring.

2 Likes

Might I suggest Maine/New England, the northeast US is full of natural wonders

2 Likes

I might do it at some point, thank you for the suggestion!

I’ve always find your articles very well prepared, with lots of good info. Personally I have been encouraged by the posts to visit some new areas.

But…on Expert, we already have our focus areas. And many like to fly to staffed airports.
And…on Training, many people who fly and control there, don’t visit this forum, and you see that mostly the obvious airports are being used.

The big question you need to ask yourself is: who is the audience I’m preparing this for, and would use it. And do I actually reach this audience with these kind of posts. I hope the Poll will give you some good insights.

Hope this make some sort of sense :)

1 Like

I think that the audience that I am primarily targeting is Expert pilots. I want to show the many beautiful areas in the world that almost never get IFATC, and there for are not explored.

1 Like

Everyone:

After looking at the polls I have decided to continue to wrighting this series, but instead of doing it every month like I had previously planned, I will be doing it every 2-3 months. There will also no longer be an end/beginning of the month deadline, meaning that new articles might be created mid-month. I also might look into creating writing team at some point, so look out for that if you are interested. I am doing this because I feel that there is not enough interest in the series for me to be trying to fit an additional strict schedule into my already busy life. Thank you all for the support and opinions, keep an eye out for a new article by the end of September!

1 Like

Wow, this is a great idea when you started in June. If we work as a group, let’s say 2 person work on the area, other 2 work on airport, and the last is 3-4 people work on route. I will look the article in the September, and hopefully it will be a very awesome one! This is actually great for the community and player to try fly over the beautifully area! I hope all the research and writing are great!

@Dylan_Bright Yes, it could ruin the article, but not only trust level. Let say, if you want to be researcher or writer, you must be at trust level 2 or above with a test. This will help from ruining the article.

Good luck with the September!
Peace Out!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.