Funny story out at KSAN

Oh my gosh…the winds at KSAN on PG tonight are extreme! Maybe I’m just not used to them but wow lol. I was flying a normal flight I do from KLAX-KSAN! Everything was per norm. I flew the flight in THE AMOUNT OF TIME NEEDED!
The final approach was difficult though. The winds weren’t even that strong (6knots I think). But the whole way down my aircraft was bucking up and down and swinging right and left. I almost aborted landing and flew to a nearby airport that wasn’t so windy. 30 feet above the runway I reversed throttle to 0% and prepared for an extremely bumpy landing. True to my fears, I had a wingstrike. That’s how bad it was!!
My A320 Spirit dipped the right wing and smacked into the ground. I was able to land otherwise safely, though shaken. My passengers are going to want a refund after that flight lol. Either that or we will pay them to keep silent😂✈️

8 Likes

Like every other Spirit customer.

28 Likes

Lol…you’re funny -.-

1 Like

Thats funny lol.

1 Like

Im pretty sure Spirit CEO will just order to put some duck tape on that wing and be on its way… or maybe CHARGE the passenger for the damage😂

16 Likes

10 minutes?!! How fast were you going!

7 Likes

yep, sounds like the playground norm 👌

7 Likes

Thanks ;) and I was flying a normal flight at about 480 knots groundspeed

Bit late, don’t ya think?

1 Like

Nah Spirit doesn’t mind the tendency to be late now do they :).
Anyways I got to the ground snort* sort of 😂🔥

4 Likes

Ok yes nothing about the final portion of that flight was very normal. I was like in a panic because my aircraft was possessed by a wind demon, I’ll go ahead and admit that

1 Like

There are so MANY things wrong with this “funny” story😂 . I don’t know whether you meant that these random things were funny, but I sure am laughing!

7 Likes

Good lol that was my plan all along ;)

1 Like

What were you flying!? A Concord?

4 Likes

Yep duh lol

1 Like

Oh my god. I can’t breathe. I was drinking orange juice!!! I wasn’t prepared for that much savagery on the first comment. I WET MY COMPUTER (SORT OF) WITH ORANGE JUICE!!! ITS ALL YOUR FAULT! IM STILL LAUGHING AS I TYPE THIS. I’m crying now…

8 Likes

Lol good job @the_simulation_nerd 😂

1 Like

Ya’ll wild. Where’s my emojis… Im taking deep breaths ATM

1 Like

Calm yourself lol…😏✈️

Have you ever started laughing at the fact that you’re still laughing at something, Then you get sensitive so anything that touches you makes you laugh harder? Im going through that right now…

3 Likes