Funny PIREPS?

What’s a PIREP?
A pilot report or “PIREP” is a report of actual weather conditions encountered by an aircraft in flight. It’s the best form of weather gathering since it’s real world in flight.

We were hit by a crazy hail/thunder storm this afternoon in Anchorage, and some one with a great sense of humour reported this:

What’s been your favourite PIREP you’ve seen?

15 Likes

That person is very intelligent. Brilliant! Why would you fly in hail? haha

4 Likes

Oh ya, I take up my Cessna for a spin every time we get hail. Or come to think of it… I love 50 foot visibility, tornadoes, hurricanes, me and my Cessna go through a lot together.

3 Likes

Oh yeah. Baltimore gets a lot of those. When our local news does tell us severe weather is on the way, I don’t go down to the basement to seek safety oh no. I drive to my local airport and see how bad it really is! Just hop right up into my Cessna and see what Hurricane Watchers is all about!

1 Like

Haha, that pilot is hilarious :D

“ITS BAD, DONT DO IT” 😂

1 Like

Here is a fantastic collection that I found:

https://www.airliners.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=748099

Some highlights:
CDC UUA /OV SLC-CDC/TM 0332/FLUNKN/TP E120/TB CONT MOD OCNL SEV BLO FL260/RM HAD SOME SCREAMERS IN THE BACK

HND UA /OV HND 225016/TM 1630/FL025/TP UNKN/WV 20020G32/RM OG 0L7 PERSON REPORTS "HAWK FLYING BACKWARDS=

DENUA /OV DEN245040/TM 1508/FL370/TP DC10/TB MDT/RM MDT MTN WAVE 1ST OFFICER HAD WHITE CAPS IN COFFEE FM ZDV

3 Likes

I laughed harder then I should at this lol

2 Likes

12%20PM

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.