Funny Aviation Stories

Anyone have any funny aviation stories that they want to share? I’m in the mood to read some:)

2 Likes

One flight (lhr - yvr, BA 747 top deck) I was trying to sleep on the plane…the lady next to me had her light on:( For literally an hour I could not sleep! She had been drinking water and left the cap off when she went to the bathroom. Quickly, I leaned over the plastic seat divider and turned her light off. I was quick as lightning, nobody saw me. I really thought I was gonna get some sleep. When she returned to her seat (with the light now off) SHE SPILT HER WATER EVERYWHERE!!! She now had to keep her light on whilst she cleaned and dried everything up. It was funny but I also felt kind of sorry for her:)
The rest of the cabin was also now awake because all the flight attendants were moving around making noise:)

8 Likes

This is one of my pet peeves when I’m flying, especially during nighttime. 😡

5 Likes

I remember once and a flight from Atlanta to Lagos. On a Delta A330 my mom told me about this one. Since it was a long flight I was asleep for most of the flight. My mom thought that there was a problem with me. I was in that position for a long time without moving. And another to Lagos again I was younger and I loved the window seat. since the A330 has the window seats on both sides of the fuselage and the row of seats in the middle. We got the middle seats in that middle row and I was crying that I didn’t get the window. So a flight attendant came and sorted out this arrangement where the lady and here kids sitting there moved to business class. I soon got that window seat.

4 Likes

Haha I love the window seat too

1 Like

When I was flying to Iran to visit family, I had a layover in Istanbul. On the first leg of the trip, we didn’t get the window seats, but 3 of the 4 seats in the middle of our Airbus A330-300. My brother then proceeded to whisper his rant into my ear. Luckily, on the next flight (Turkish A321), we had a whole row of seats to ourselves.

2 Likes

Kungfu Fighting! xD

3 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

7 Likes

Cargo aircraft.

11 Likes

Nice rekt there, I like! Anyways some seats don’t have windows though and some well, they have cramped seats (someone ranted about the A330 hahaha)

3 Likes

1 Like

I was flying KLM from WMKK to WIII and I was sitting in I think row 21 and me and my dad were the only people on that row everyone else was around row 25 and back.

2 Likes

Not all! Converted freighters have windows!

I didn’t say every freighter.

NickChan Future planes

3 Likes

2 Likes

That reminded me! I was flying from Melbourne to aukland when I rotated my chair all the way back. (As far as it would go in economy). Not realizing this, the guy behind me had his pc on the food tray. When my chair went back I crushed his pc…
True story…LOL

Whenever I travel with my grandma we always have bad luck. On a trip to Florida we flew to Atlanta for a connection to Melbourne but our first flight was delayed so we had to rush to our next flight. So it was me and my sister and then my grandparents (I was like 6). So we told grandpa to run ahead and we took the luggage. So we thought he would run ahead of us but pretty soon we see a familiar smile… on the face of our grandpa who is sitting on the handicap airport transportation carts… most depressing moment in my life

1 Like

Norweigan Air in Row 10 and 11

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.