Functional Boeing 777 flaperons

I know, I know, there are some bigger issues on the new exterior model that might need to get fixed first (e.g. wing thickness/fuselage position etc) but I thought it would be a good idea to make this request anyways.

So with the newly updated Boeing 777-200ER, I was pretty surprised to see that the flaperons don’t work correctly. Even the in 2016 released 787 has more detailed flaperon/aileron movements. My request is to make the flaperons move the way they would in real life, this would greatly add to the realism of the model. I added explanations of what would need to be done with some video reference.

Please let me know if you spot any mistakes in this request, I will change things if necessary.

Take-off

Summary
  • On the ground, the flaperons are fully down, they will go up when engine power and airspeed increase.
  • At 80 knots, the flaperons move down with the flaps to 10 degrees at flap 5 and 20 degrees at flap 15 or 20.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sg0SndLjtfE

Landing

Summary

Credit: Brian Su

Pretty sure this’ll be fixed soon enough. The animation system is not supported just yet :^)

15 Likes

Great request!

I made a topic on this myself, but you were a little faster then me ;)

Hopefully this will be added/fixed.

6 Likes

As long as we can get the message through ;)

1 Like

I really hope so, currently the 777 wing is a little “boring”

2 Likes

Really should’ve been included in the original 20.1 release but oh well. I’m out of votes, but this needs to be fixed.

8 Likes

I voted. The flaperon (in my opinion) is a really cool feature on the 777 itself. It would have been really cool have seen this on the new 772 when I came out.

5 Likes

11 votes on such a simple request, great!

2 Likes

Honestly I’m surprised this wasn’t included. Makes that 777 wing feel more alive

3 Likes

Yeah, the wing is kind of “dead” right now…

2 Likes

787 has it, 777 should get it…

2 Likes

Flaperons… interesting terminology used. It’s just an aileron.

1 Like

not really, it is a derivative of the inboard aileron but is also mixed in with the flaps so there is more lift created. sorta like a elevon

2 Likes

This is what I don’t quite understand. The last time I checked the flaperons on the 787 were functions.

1 Like

There’s no flap system in it…

1 Like

Well, they move as the flaps do while moving like an aileron. It’s doing both functions, hence the name flaperon.

2 Likes

Correct.

Incorrect.

1 Like

look at the inboard aileron/middle flap and how it moves with the ailerons and the flaps

4 Likes

It operates as an aileron as in the video but stays down when there is no command input.

2 Likes

yes and it stays down because it is also synced with the flaps hence the name flaperon

4 Likes