Full stop taxi back

Hi,

when we are doing close traffic or “remaining in the pattern” if I want to do full stop taxi back do I have to notify that I’m full stop final or just do it when IFATC tells me “cleared for the option? I know how Full stop taxi back works but Since there’s no option in IF to request that, i’m asking in order to prevent myself from a violation by IFACT.

thanks for your help!

I don’t think you can do that, I think you should announce full stop, exit the runway and request taxi to that runway then the controller will clear you fo back taxi. Remaining in the pattern is really only for touch and goes, stop and goes, low approaches and I forgot the rest aha

You can say anything even you are doing a full stop because you are “cleared for the option” but the way it’s helpful for tower to recognize you going to stop. Back taxi is tower message. If needed he tella you: " xyz back taxy rwy x contact ground when off".
Hope i was helpful :)

But I must say remaining in the pattern to take off in order to stay in the pattern… and then say full stop. that’s the way to make full stop taxi back at IF

Yes it is. The IFATC will get you off the runway even if you use the whole thing.

2 Likes

Yes, you announce remain in the pattern

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.