Full size check-in and thanks

Hello members;

I was confused about expert server. I am Grade 4 and i tried ES just for a few times. And i got warnings. I couldn’t dare to survive at ES anymore.

I searched, read etc. and i guess i have learned what to do as a pilot. And finally, today, i tried ES again.

From LSZH to EDDL. And LSZH has had app, tow and gr users and EDDL has had tow and gr users.

I have arranged my fpl and started to my flight with wellknown procedures.

I didn’t have any warnings and i have tried to di everything true. So i am happy that i have finished my flight succesfully without any reports, warnings etc. I want to thank those ATC users.

I just wanted to ask to real pilots in IFC about my flight.

After take off, when able;

I do 3500 ft/min VS until 10.000 ft.
After 10.000, i reduce VS to 2500 ft/min and switch off seatbelt signs and landing lights. And reduce throttle a little bit but it is increasing good enough…

Depending to my weights, wind etc, approximately until 21.000 ft i continue with 2500 VS, then i reduce it 1800, then 1200, then 800 and finally i reach my cruise altitude. My cruise speed is 0.78 or 0.80 usually

For approach; i start from -800 VS and reach 1600 VS, i always save at least %42 N1. After a while 1600 ft/min makes my plane increase speed, then i make it 1300, then 1200, then 800 and finally i localize with ILS.

Also, i set my flaps at (190:1°, 180:2°, 170: 5°, 160: 15°, 150: 25°, 135: 40°)

Is my flight data good? What are your opinions? Am i ok with realism? B737-900.

3 Likes

What a real pilot would tell you is that your V/S aren’t constantly the same. They would depend on your engine N1 most of the time.

Basically :
N1 above 90% on climb
Idle during the whole descent

Now it’s all about managing your V/S, top of descent and speed limits.

A real pilot told me the - 3500ft/min are only 5° below horizon, which is extremely low. You can see in my live that I don’t hesitate to go - 4500ft/min 😂. Strangely people have this belief that we shouldn’t go further than - 2000ft/min…

2 Likes

4500 VS descent???

Nooo!!! Never unless your doing an emergency descent. Lol! Most real world airliners descend between 1800-2600vs.

3 Likes

Your not always going to be descending remember to always check charts to make sure you follow the descent procedures. But since your new to ES I would start researching that

1 Like

I read somewhere that optimal descent was between 1300-1600, it was an aviation site but i don’t remember now. It was the best number for descending rate.

I mean yea it is a good descent rate but think again if you are at FL390 and approaching your destination 113nm out you will want to descent at a rate were you can get to a good altitude. Remember the VS is always changing it is not always constant

1 Like

For example I fly into San Juan a lot and my top of descent is 130 miles from SJU because I need to be at 11,000ft around BEANO which is the fix. That is usually 100nm. So I start my descent fast and go picking up from there

1 Like

I got it. And i guess climbing rate can reach to 4500 right? But i also remember, a third party app warns user when reach more 4500. So, the last secure VS for climbing is 4500.

Again it all depends on your weight/aircraft. An MD-11 has no problem climbing at that rate. But for a plane like a 737 I wouldnt do that. A 737 usually would see its max VS around 3000-3200 in real life. Most airliners do 1500-2900.

1 Like

So i can see that i do my flight realistic. At least not bad or there is not injured, died passengers and happiness is average :p

1 Like

I’m just waiting for someone to be like, please post all thank you letters on this post! (Sends link to another post) Thanks! closes this topic ☠️😂

1 Like

You are right, this topic can be in use for users who want to make their own data check and thanks. Xd

What you should do is set your climb N1 which, in reality, will gradually increase towards 100%+ as you get higher and fly at a constant IAS (290-310 ish) and vary your VS to maintain that speed. When the speed changes to Mach climb at a constant Mach (.76-.79) by varying VS.

Don’t stick to a constant VS or limit it to anything.

In the descent we use idle thrust and again vary VS to maintain a constant Mach and then a constant IAS.

A poor man’s FLCH.

1 Like

All are ok, and i meant that i can idle thrust but if i decide less then %40 N1, i feel we are starting to get powerless and stalling. And i read it somewhere that N1 should be more than %40 always.

And i got that i need to use idle thrust while descending. VS can be changed but thrust needs to be constant to keep Mach and then IAS constant. Thanks again.

You won’t stall at less than 40% N1 as you can just descend at a higher VS to maintain Mach/IAS. But be wary that descending at constant Mach you will have high descent rates initially as your IAS increases then when you fly at a constant IAS your VS will gradually reduce as you descend.

Idle N1 on the 737 can be as low as 26-27% and it’s not a problem.

2 Likes

Make sure on takeoff to not exceed 85% N1. I as a 737 Expert Pilot know that beyond 85% N1 in real life will not help your engines

In real life you use whatever N1 your performance requires. This can be as low as 85% and as high as 100%.

N1 100% can damage the engines

Not really. However, not using 100% N1 when you need it can damage the entire aeroplane.