Fuel Shortage

You may want to climb to a more suitable flight level, possibly the recommended cruise level for 747. If all else fails, make sure you have a backup airport to divert to.

The fuel time on the ground is an estimate, take it with a pinch of salt. It is also likely that your descent will not take as much fuel and hence cancels out the climb.

4 Likes

Keep the spped at optimum. For the 747-400 it is M 0.85

1 Like

Given the flight physics in infinite flight of the 747, mach .84 is best. Trying to maintain .85 is a waste of fuel. Also climb to fl340 or fl350 at about 300fpm.

2 Likes

What would be the best cruisse altitude so far?

How long have you been flying?

1 Like

I would try searching up the flight on flight aware and see if the 747 flies that route. If so, use that altitude

Yeah… this aint working, if you see anyone of TS1 divebombing, its me btw.

1 Like

As you burn fuel you will become lighter therefore reduce the amount of fuel you need to burn so fly longer.
You have a few more hours of fuel than what is shown.

2 Likes

No use now, I ditched like I was back in TS1

Another thing I reccomend is step climbing, dont climb all at once especially with Jumbo’s like the 747. Start off at lower altitudes then climb to higher altitudes once you burn some fuel, this helps with fuel economy.

Here a guide by our dear freind DeerCrusher.

2 Likes

What are your weight settings? If you are trying to fly ultra long haul distances, keep cargo at 0 and pax less than 270

You’re too high. Drop to 290 until you’ve burnt some fuel and are light enough to climb further.

Not exactly realistic is it?

Not the most. But FL340 isn’t too high. Step climbing is a vital process. With the new physics in infinite flight, the 747 needs redone.

FL340 with a belly full of fuel is too high for a B747. FACT.

Transatlantic flights normally have an initial climb to the 270-300 block, then have another 2/3 climbs as they go. The aircrafts engines need the thicker air to propel it at heavier weights, they also don’t hit M0.85 when heavy, sticking to around .8, again until they’re lighter and more able.

1 Like

Let it recalculate your fuel flow. Taxiing uses a lot of fuel. It’s actually the most fuel inefficient part of the flight.

Your GS determines your ETE. SO if you are going 350 from strong headwinds or no winds you are just gaining time. It should go down once you pick up the strong tailwinds

i’m trying the qantas flight from perth to london, my instruments told me that i’m short of fuel for one hour,is there any idea on how to extend it?

These two tutorials should get you started. Keep in mind, as you burn fuel your aircraft load will get lighter or decrease. Meaning less fuel consumption at a lower weight and higher altitude later on the in the flight. It’ll appear that your fuel flight time will remain the same or increase as the load decreases.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.