Fuel problem

So i’m doing a flight from Dulles To Tokyo and the ETA is going up while my fuel is going down. I’m very scared and I don’t know what to do. Can you help?

1 Like

This might be for headwinds, just wait or change your altitude

2 Likes

Assuming you packed enough fuel at the beginning of the flight, you should make it. Give it an hour it’ll be fine

2 Likes

Hello, if you did not pack enough fuel you will have to land, fuel up and then depart to continue with your route. But as said above, a strong wind can make the ETA red when you will be okay :)

2 Likes

Is 2 hours reserve fuel okay?

1 Like

Yes it is, it should be enough

1 Like

I packed 195,000 pounds of fuel with a 787-9

1 Like

If you are having a strong headwind, then don’t worry, but if not, prepare to divert

1 Like

You will make it, the further you get into your trip the less fuel you will be using (lighter aircraft = less thrust)

2 Likes

Ok I just climbed up to 32,000 feet
Thank you everyone

2 Likes

Good stuff, have a good rest of flight and a safe landing :)

2 Likes

Also, you can do step climbs to maximize fuel efficiency, each 2 or 3 hours climb 1k feet

1 Like

Ok, well i’m climbing 2K feet every 2.5 hours. Hopefully that’s fine.

1 Like

Check this tutorial for step climbing: A Guide to Step Climbing

2 Likes

I have looked at a wind map and found you on LiveFlight, seems you’re having headwinds, but for the rest of the flight this shouldn’t be a problem

1 Like

That’s pretty normal, as the aircraft do more power, it’ll show as “red fuel”, but it happens all the time, wait until cruise then probably will turn white again, or maybe it’s a headwind as said before, give some hours and everything should back to normal :)

1 Like

He’s at cruise

1 Like

edited it, maybe a headwind, sorry

1 Like

I’ll just use this as an update I guess.

1 Like

195000lb in the 789 is easily enough for that flight.

1 Like