Fuel issues trying to recreate a non-stop MNL-LHR Polar route

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to fly the non-stop MNL-LHR route via the Polar route but I get short on fuel around two hours before approach.

Anyone with an effective flight plan that would enable to fly nonstop MNL-LHR?

I’m new on Global. Still learning the ropes.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Do you have cargo and or passengers in weight? Are you flying into a headwind? Both of these can cause fuel issues.

Also what Aircraft

Try not loading the aircraft with a lot of pax or cargo. More weight increase the fuel flow. And use step climbs

2 Likes

Flying on headwind, and a bit on the heavy side. Using Philippine Airlines A350

1 Like

Philippine Airlines A350

1 Like

That should handle it perfectly

I recommend using windy.com to check winds, Simbrief is a good option for route planning and fuel calculations. Step climbing will also increase fuel efficiency, use the topic below for how to step climb.

1 Like

Thank you for sharing that link to windy.com! I’ve been trying to find a decent winds aloft tool for a while and this is perfect!

1 Like

No problem! Enjoy

Great help. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

There is a fuel issue with the A350 actually. M.85 at FL330/340 should get you around 20 hours with full fuel.

The A350 like its predecessor the A340-200/300 doesn’t require step climbing on most conditions.

Thanks to the carbon composite and trent xwb. That’s why it has such a great advantage compared to the previous Boeing generations.