Fuel issue.

Hey, im doing a long flight from del to sfo and doing a step climb. im climbing to 37000 for cruise, aircraft 777-200lr, aircraft is stable at 29000 but fuel shows red on ete to destination. I set the fuel for 17:24 mins. ete shows 15:50 minutes in red…will it change gradually as i fly ?

1 Like

As you get to cruise, yes.

1 Like

The more fuel you burn, the lighter you’ll become thus using less fuel, you’ll be okay, you should have enough fuel

1 Like

haha yea thanks…

1 Like

As well as the air being thinner the higher you climb, which also leads to less fuel consumption.

1 Like

oh ok…thanks…dint think of that

yea…true…

Nothing to worry about, but future reference, my personal opinion doing a flight over 13-14 hours just max the tanks out, full fuel, as IF their fuel burn rate is an average and isn’t all that 100% correct:)

edit: Or have a stop over somewhere in the middle or near the end of your route:)

1 Like

alright…thanks

Or just use fpltoif.com for exact fuel calculations.

3 Likes

thats what i used…

Have you selected extra fuel? You might run out of fuel is you set it to no extra fuel.

1 Like

i selected 90 mins.

What about the other factors? Such as passengers and cargo. If you input them wrongly it will cost your aircraft more fuel…

1 Like

passengers on auto it gave 316…cargo is 7000…kg

That sounds strange to me, since that many times I have used the FLtoIF never disappointed me with fuel estimation.
To relate back to the topic, if you are sure you are short on fuel, consider diverting to a nearby airport for a refuel, then get back with your Flight Plan, and everything would be good.

2 Likes

yea…thats the only option i have…in case its low fuel…

Feel free to ask the community if you have any questions about diverting~ Enjoy your flight~

1 Like

haha…will do…thank you…

Like i said above, the more fuel you burn the lighter, which means, higher altitude and less fuel consumption:)

2 Likes