Fuel flow for Citation X is half of real fuel flow

The fuel flow in the sim shows around 1100 lbs/hrs while the Citation X cruise performance table and Foreflight show double that.

Otherwise the sim is incredible…great job!

1 Like

Fuel flow is relative. Depends on n1 (obviously), which is affected by…

• weight
  • altitude
  • weather
  • speed
  • drag
  • etc…

I think you get the point. There are too many factors to get a perfect match.

1 Like

I’m not expecting a perfect match, but fuel flow at 30000 feet should be around 3000 lbs/hr…not 1100-1300. I wouldn’t bother to post if it was in the ballpark.

Do you mind me asking what the weight on your aircraft was? And your speed would also be helpful.

I took off around 27k lbs with 4800 lbs of fuel. I cruised around FL40 at Mach 0.9 and followed the GUITAR SIX approach into KJWN from KDCA.

I had similar results as you did. I guess that is something that should be looked into, but I don’t think it would be at the top of their todo list :)

This is a great article on the performance of the Citation X. I will give you the benefit of the doubt that the fuel burn may be off slightly but not to the degree that your thinking. The data for the fuel burn was obtained by actual performance data from the actual aircraft. So I doubt actual data could be inaccurate. However, this could be looked into later down the road.

https://www.aopa.org/news-and-media/all-news/2015/march/pilot/t_citationx

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.