Fuel Dumping / Jettison fuel

Because of fuel and Global if you miss calculated fuel and you’re doing a overweight landing why don’t they let us dump fuel so there will be a safer landing

11 Likes

You could go to simbrief.com and create a file plan this should help you with Global also makes it more realistic.

11 Likes

How do you know this doesn’t exist? We don’t know the full details of fuel burn yet

3 Likes

I actually like this suggestion for the trash haulers that are capable.

5 Likes

This topic is slightly irrelevant. Why have fuel burn without a dumping option.

2 Likes

I don’t want a dumping option on any GA aircraft. Since it hasn’t been said previously it’s not irrelevant. The only stupid question is the one you don’t ask.

6 Likes

Unless we are able to reduce the fuel quantity in flight like we currently can (which I doubt since you need to land to refuel according to staff) then I think fuel dumping is necessary for those “rather safe than sorry” flights (where we overfill) while we adapt to calculating fuel required in the early stages of release (unless this is already part of the update that we haven’t been informed of).

1 Like

This might be a feature comming to global. Except you won’t see the fuel get sumped. Your fuel in your tanks will just decrease. Correct me if I am wrong ;)

If you overfill a plane to the point you’re above MLW you didn’t plan right. You can have a lot of extra fuel and still be fine…

1 Like

I believe Fuel Dumping is only used for emergencies on heavy aircrafts. While on Infinite Flight, There won’t be any emergencies. So I think it would be pointless to implement this at the moment

3 Likes

I’ve always dreamed of being able to dump fuel over a highly densely populated area 🤓

2 Likes

An A320 and a 737 can’t dump fuel.

Hahaha oh your right . Should be done some research;)

Valid point but what if you realise you need to turn back because you need to go? Or your phone is on low battery? It isn’t an emergency just means you don’t have to leave the flight, you can turn around and land, but obviously that’s impossible without fuel dump

What about simulating an emergency in solo?

1 Like

I voted for this,nice idea !

Or if you need to get rid of weight you can just go into a holding pattern. If you miscalculated on a long haul you shouldn’t need to hold for that long, but if you have to divert than that’s another story. Unless you divert because you planned poorly and have to end your flight early because of something.

It will most likely only be put on aircraft that can actually jetson fuel like widebodies

We definitely need this for Global :)

Cough 717 cough uses too much fuel cough

2 Likes