Fuel burn spreadsheet (Prop Update)

Brilliant! @Joshua_Fleming

1 Like

Very nice work ;) bookmarked for future reference

At that amount with a full aircraft you are barely operating above the MLW. You also jave to remembee this takes into consideration 620miles of taxi, diversion, and emergency fuel (nearly a quarter of the flight distance more). With that amount the operating fuel would be for 4300miles. Well over a little bit more than half the operating range of the aircraft. When inputted in that fuel equates to a little more than half of the total fuel the aircraft can carry.

The problem with calculating fuel burn on a kg/hr basis is that that fuel burn changes hourly based on weight. So fuel burn at the beginning of the flight will change compared tk at the end of the flight. In addition, fuel burn on an hourly basis is more subjective than objective due to changes in weather and weight. I calculated the flight operating distance with the aircraft taking off at MTOW. When I said that MTOW was confirmed in my linked post it meant I tested to make sure you could operate a fuel flight, at max fuel, which correlates to what the Airline Manufacturers published as their calculated max range for the aircraft. All these weights have been tested.

Since IF doesnt have any hard data for us yet on a kg/hr burn it cannot be calculated. The only one hmwho wiuld have the hard data for that is Laura, however it would seem that the Developers have not developed a completely accurate weight calculator from recent some recent flights. Until hard data from the devs is presented this data is the most accurate to real world that we have. Most accurate as it provides a ratio of the expected fuel to mile burn. At times that too increases and decreases over the flight depending on factors but because it encompasses the total duration of the flight, one is able to calculate the average fuel burn of of the flight on a mile basis. And milage is far more accurate for fuel burn than on a kg/hour basis. Final point, when fuel burn per seat is calculate airlines use a fuel burn per seat per mile calculation, not a fuel burn per seat per hour calculation.

2 Likes

Hoping there is a non global or a non fuel burn server where fuel burn is turned off. But I don’t care if there isn’t it will just add to the realisum

Or if anyone want to do it a harder way here is a formula for just passenger fuel burn in liters per kilometers that I pulled from a paper published by ICCT on fuel burning.

paxkm/L a = (tonnekm a * 103 kg/tonne)/
(fuel a * 100kg/pax)

But be aware 100kg is a normalized weight for the total weight a passenger brings on board (includong luggage)

Don’t know how I missed this but this is great! I’ve bookmarked it. :)

1 Like

Does this equation apply to all aircraft?

Yes it applies for everyone. I just created a change to the spreadsheet. I forgot that the GA props do not use A1 fuel but AVGas. I changed part of the formula. That change only affected the SR22, the Cessna 172, and the Cessna 208.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.