Fuel and passengers [NOW CLOSED]

I know that I am new to this game as I only joined in January. I have done a lot of short flights in my time. I always get confused especially flying west. I want to do a India to New York flight and I keep getting confused on how much fuel to put it my aircraft. I normally use the Boeing 787-8 Dreamliner or the Boeing 777-2lr. My distance in flight is just under 7000 nautical miles.

1 Like

If in doubt dip to the max or use flight plan database like on online calculator of a flightplan

1 Like

Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around, contribute and learn heaps!

Simbrief is a good flight planning tool that is used by many IF pilots. It calculates fuel as well.

Don’t ask me how it works. I just always fill her up to the max myself - which I know is not the way ;-)

1 Like

Thank you so much

1 Like

You can just lower the number of pax, and increase the amount of fuel which you will need a lot for that type of distance.

Randy

Thank you for the kind welcome.

1 Like

Thank you.

1 Like

I finally did that flight and SimBrief was brilliant to me. Thank you everyone for your help on this topic

1 Like

I am doing the mumbai- san Francisco route via the pacific ocean. The routing is VABB-KSFO. My call sign is air india 181. Operating the route via a Boeing 787-8 on the training server. Already taken off from mumbai. Should land in san Francisco in the next 15 hours. Which is about 10:00am my time which is Indian standard time. And is 4:30zulu

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.