Frozen Screen w/ Engine audio

Okay so before anyone asks or recommends these things, I’d like to make it very clear that I have already attempted all of the following:

• updating IF
  • updating my iPad
  • closing IF and re-opening the app
  • turning my device on and off again
  • deleting and re-installing IF

Okay, now that we’ve established that, here’s the issue:
Every time I load into any airport for a flight, everything runs smoothly and normally for about 5-7 minutes. After that, the screen will suddenly freeze, but the audio (not including ATC) will still be stuck playing. I am unable to press anything on the screen to try and fix this. I can only close the app, but I’ve tried that 3 times now, to no avail. This issue started either yesterday or the day before, I’m not certain. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Please check here! This is a known issue and will be fixed soon

1 Like

The crash is not triggered by changing ATC frequencies; it’s merely random. In fact, none of the crashes I’ve experienced have occurred directly after changing ATC frequencies.

This is happening constantly, correct?

1 Like

Yeah its not usually with changing the frequency i think because it happened to me just while tuned to a frequency today and yesterday too.

It cannot suseder directly with the frequencies, sometimes it just happens, the same thing happened to me when I removed the brakes, and the screen crashed.

I have just turned the ATC volume of and it has fixed the crashing

1 Like

Try to keep trying to do that frequency shifting thing several times, because the problem might still be there.

I’d try an app reinstall or the issue the I linked above

Yeah, it just occurred again after I tried changing the ATC volume to 0 twice. I’ll try re-installing the app entirely. Thank you.

1 Like

I think that should work for you

1 Like

No, someone suggested that changing ATC volume was a solution mentioned in a forum support post, so I gave that a try. It didn’t help. That’s what I meant.

Thank you.

1 Like

Okay so I just re-installed it and it was working great for much longer, but just crashed like 30 seconds ago. Not sure what else I can do at this point. I know it’s not an issue with my device, because I have the newest iPad - iPad Pro 2020 12.9 inch. And I’ve been using it for IF for like almost a year now.

1 Like

I would just wait until the developers fix the issue your having tbh

1 Like

Clear scenery cache? 🤷‍♂️

I’m at KDFW doing some tests.

2 Likes

You uninstalled the application, and I reinstalled it, and for now, everything is fine.

I had problems too, especially when trying to submit messages to freq

1 Like

Please continue on this thread. Any updates regarding this issue will be posted on there:

Here’s guidance from Cam on how to possibly mitigate the issue:

That, unfortunately, will have no impact on the issue. For more info on what is scenery cache: