A frozen screen issue becomes frequent on my iPad, IOS version 12.4.1. It shows a disconnection with the server with frozen screen and few seconds after the app is closed by itself. Would you like to help me please
It’s the app crashing. This happens from time to time. How much storage do you have available?
Here are a couple suggestions from Infinite Flight of how to deal with app crashes
What do I do if I experience app crashes or lags
General tips regardless of device:
- Turn Limit Frame Rate ON (box should be ticked) if you notice that your device tends to heat up or if you are experiencing lag. A device that heats up too much is more likely to suffer performance degradation which could lead to lag and app crashes.
- Infinite Flight doesn’t take up a specific amount of storage, it can change depending on the area you’re flying in etc. We therefore recommend that you always have at least 1GB of storage available on your device.
- Before longer flights, it is advised to reboot your device and close any apps running in the background to enhance your experience.
- It is possible to fly and charge the device at the same time. The key to this is to use less power than being charged. One way to accomplish this is lower your screen brightness and ensure Infinite Flight’s low power mode is enabled.
- Disable active ad or message blocking apps
- Don’t modify, “Root”, or “Jailbreak” your device
- Use a strong WiFi network within a relatively close proximity to your device
- Lower Infinite Flight graphics and performance settings
- Lower the Rendering Resolution setting.
- Disable Anti-Aliasing.
- Lower the Rendering Quality setting.
- Lower the Texture Quality setting.
At any point if you’re experiencing decreased performance, “Limit frame rate” should always be ticked. This setting can have a great negative impact on performance unless your device is considered high performance.
General iOS tips:
- One great thing to do before launching Infinite Flight, is to perform a soft restart of the device. This is a quick and reliable way of making sure your device is operating at peak efficiency. This is done by holding down the power/lock button until you see “Slide to power off”. Then hold down the home button until you’re returned to the home screen. For iOS devices without a Home button, a restart is recommended as the soft restart feature does not exist on those.
- Make sure you don’t have “Low power mode” on your iPhone. If you have, the battery icon in the top right corner is yellow. This can be deactivated from Settings -> Battery, or from “Control Center” depending on how you have it set up. Having “Low power mode” enabled while using Infinite Flight could result in a performance degradation.
Note : This is not the same as “Low power mode” in Infinite Flight. This is a device function.
General Android tips:
- Make sure you have Android Battery Saver disabled. Having this enabled can cause a lot of degradation in terms of both storage, performance and network.
- Newer Android devices may work fine with Anti-Aliasing on. Turning this off can help performance for older/less powerful Android models.
- Some devices (ie Samsung) may have a Game Tuner app to enhance the performance of games. While some users have not seen an issue there is a number who have. It is best to run IF by itself instead of through a game tuner.
If none of the suggestions above helps:
As a final resort, reset the device to factory settings. Be sure to back up all important data on your device first.
Copied from here:
hmm I’ve had similar issues on android under unstable connection and my phone runs IF fine on highest settings in FNF (except low power on but that doesn’t do anything when at an airport) so maybe it’s an actual bug.
I also noticed that the app crashes way more often than earlier. I started playing IF 3 days ago after a week break. And it already happened to me 3 separate times where the screen froze and the application closes itself. Never helped to me this often before… So I’m sort of getting what you’re saying @Tarek_Brahim but don’t know what’s going on here
Try un installing and re installing IF. but you will lose all your replays
This happens when there isn’t enough ram on the phone to run the game. It usually unfreezes after some time and connection is re established. If app is shutting down repeatedly, there is something wrong with your device. You might need to buy a more high performance device. This problem happens especially during long flights and when you enter a crowded airport
I’m actually thinking more CPU issue since I’ve had freezes with like 3 planes around on a phone with 6G ram. Still doesn’t explain though since my phone is actually pretty OP (runs max settings at FNF no problem)
This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.