Frontier To Start Flights To Chicago Midway And Houston Hobby

Frontier To Start Flights To Chicago Midway

Source

Frontier Airlines, a USA low cost carrier will return to Chicago-Midway airport after their long break for the past few years. No dates have been confirmed, but the routes follow:

• Atlanta (ATL)
  • Dallas/Fort Worth (DFW)
  • Denver (DEN)
  • Fort Lauderdale (FLL)
  • Las Vegas (LAS)
  • Orlando (MCO)
  • Ontario (ONT)
  • Phoenix (PHX)
  • Tampa (TPA)
  • Trenton (TTN)

According to @Ishrion (idk how u get all this info, please tell me), many other destinations could be added to their network from MDW when the bookings are released.

13 Likes

Yep, and Houston Hobby!!

@KTJ_Mitchell!

1 Like

Quite happy about this, MDW always gets overlooked by ORD when talking about Chicago airports. Granted, when 96.5% of your traffic comes from one airline it may seem a little unique. I was really happy when Allegiant came here a few years back, and now with Frontier returning it is even better!

1 Like

Hope to see MDW-ISP

1 Like

(will never happen) :troll:

@CaptainZac @Ishrion do you guys know the HOU routes yet?

Does MDW even have the room? In all honest, I think they’ll get some good competition.

Houston Routes (HOU)

• Cancun
  • Las Vegas
  • Orlando
1 Like

Well, we do have a 3-gate concourse used 2x a week for an hour a day

1 Like

How exciting! I wish Fronteir the best. Especially because MDW is dominated by Southwest Airlines.

Absolutely love the C concourse, for the 45 mins I was there, nice little spotting place

1 Like

Yep, we have the C concourse usually occupied by a Delta 757-200, and it’s outta there by the end of the day.

2 Likes

The only other time it’s occupied is if Volaris needs an additional gate as their other two are full, but that’s quite rare, as both flights needs to be delayed.

1 Like

Yes that’s correct volaris usually occupies gates A1 and A2 if I’m not mistaken.

1 Like

A2 and A3 are the two, A1 is for Porter

1 Like

Oh yeah that’s right.

1 Like

Yeah and WN uses A2-A3 for international arrivals as well. But Volaris uses A1 sometimes too, as seen in my picture here:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.