Frontier Airlines Route Additions From Phoenix

What is going on?

Recently, Frontier Airlines announced that they will be adding 2 new destinations from Phoenix Sky-Harbor International Airport (PHX/KPHX). Starting from April 23, 2020, Frontier will fly begin flying from Phoenix to Norman Y Mineta San Jose International Airport (SJC/KSJC) and Los Angeles International Airport (LAX/KLAX).

What is the result?

A result of the Phoenix routes means they will bring their total destinations from PHX to 17 nonstop destinations. They will also have introductory fares ranging from around $29 to $39 (only on Tuesdays and Wednesdays). But these sale fares will end at 11:59 PM EST on February 28. Blackout dates apply. These flights will be daily.

Flights

• SJC-PHX will be on Frontier Flight 2990 (F92990)
  • PHX-SJC will be on Frontier Flight 2991 (F92991)
  • LAX-PHX will be on Frontier Flight 2794 (F92794)
  • PHX-LAX will be on Frontier Flight 2795 (F92795)

Message from the Senior Vice President of Commercial, Daniel Shurz

“We see tremendous growth opportunities for low-cost travel in Phoenix and today’s expansion announcement provides significantly lower fares to key California markets.”

What do I think of this?

To be honest, even though I am excited for Frontier’s new destination to SJC, I still feel like they could do better like add routes that have potential but also as monopolies like SJC-CVG. PHX-SJC and PHX-LAX are markets served by multiple airlines. Adding service on these routes would be a challenge for them as many higher quality airlines serve these routes. Overall, I am still excited for these additions because Frontier is expanding at SJC after removing a bunch of routes from the airport after the summer season of 2018 ended.

Want to read more?

What do you think about this?

6 Likes

👏 American Airlines’ retaliation will be coming this weekend!

Hey, if that means we can see an AA A321 for SJC-PHX, I’m down! :D

Now I see why you posted it.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.